Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Want to trade some Opus X's...

I have 10 Perfecxion No. 4 and 5 Perfecxion No. 5 Opus X's I want to trade off. I was looking to get either a box of Joya de Nicaragua Antano (Belicosos preferably) for all 15 of the Opus X's, or a box of 5 Vegas Cask Strength II for 5 of the No. 4 and 5 of the No. 5's. Anyone interested?

Comments

• bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I'm interested in those but I don't have any jdns and I only have a few cs2 s. Is there anything else u would be interested in?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Not really, I wanted something with a good bit of strength, that will age well, and that I have had before and know I will enjoy. I looked around, and price-wise (to keep an even-value trade) those are the only two that fit the bill.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    You sure about that man? I've got a box of Grape White Owls that I think would age NICELY!!! lol Just kidding! If I had a box of the JDN's I would swap you in a second!
    PuroFreak:
    You sure about that man? I've got a box of Grape White Owls that I think would age NICELY!!! lol Just kidding! If I had a box of the JDN's I would swap you in a second!
    If it were Tropical Mango Blast Phillies I would be tempted, those are super hard to find. But just the regular Grape White Owls....nah, I'm good.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Crap dude, If i wasnt leaving monday i'd be all over it. Dammn good choice going with the Antano's though!
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    PuroFreak:
    Doesn't that turn it into a Wine White Owl??? Yuk Yuk Yuk. Wish I had something to trade. I'm relatively new to cigars and would love to try an Opus X. Maybe next time.
    Jetmech_63:
    Crap dude, If i wasnt leaving monday i'd be all over it. Dammn good choice going with the Antano's though!
    Yeah, I smoked that one you sent me the other and am hooked now. Plus, I think they will age very well. I'm in no huge rush, I have until October/Novemeber till I really need them.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's a heck of a deal you're offering Tony. I'm not yet convinced that the Opus is that great, though I've only had one so far. If I convince myself otherwise and nobody has taken you up on the offer by then, I'll do the trade with you. It's tentative at best, but I do have a Perfexcion #4 with over a year on it that needs to be smoked soon, so you never know. Picked a good one too with the Joya, I love that cigar, the belicoso is just incredible, best of the line in my opinion.
    Sounds good man. I'm not trying to make anything off them, just get some cigars I would really enjoy smoking, and something that will age well. I was really unimpressed by the #4 I had a couple of weeks ago honestly. I did really dig the one I got from Vinnie though. It had a year of age on it when he sent it, plus I had for about 4-5 months before I smoked it. I'm pretty sure it was the Robusto.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoked a **** belicoso a couple weeks ago. It was good, but I honestly didn't get the "Opus x experience" that so many others get. Based on that one example, I think there are much more worthwhile cigars out there (such as the Joya) for a lot less money. And actually, that has been my overall impression of Fuente to be honest, I think they are good cigars but not great cigars...I certainly wouldn't stack one up against one of my beloved Padilla 1932's.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I'm pretty sure it was the Robusto.

It was...

And from how you felt about it....plus a year and a half of age...i think i'll smoke one sunday. I'll report....
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've had 3 sizes of the opus - the #5, the **** and the lancero. The #5 was my fav so far, but it was last year's crop of the #5. This year's wasn't quite as good - burn problems, not as tasty. I'm worried that they're not taking time to age or cure/ferment the crop as much as they used to and it's leading to quality issues. There's even an obvious difference in the color of the wrapper between last year and this year.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I've had 3 sizes of the opus - the #5, the **** and the lancero. The #5 was my fav so far, but it was last year's crop of the #5. This year's wasn't quite as good - burn problems, not as tasty. I'm worried that they're not taking time to age or cure/ferment the crop as much as they used to and it's leading to quality issues. There's even an obvious difference in the color of the wrapper between last year and this year.
    wow, Rob, You made me get up and check my Opi.. The ones I bought just a week ago are different than some I bought last year, The color is darker this year and looks waxy or shinier.. Can't tell you about the taste yet since I always age them at least a year.
    Closed out, got a box of Anatano's coming. Not to mention I just found out my wife got me a box of the Cask Strength II's (and 20 Padilla 68's) for my birthday, lol.