Home General Discussion

Wow... this is really getting old

Ok been trying all morning and only now got back on. Someone should be looking to shoot whoever is responsible. I don't want to hear about traffic overload or any other techie $hit, I just want my Cigar.COM when I push the right buttons. It is rather unnearving when I push the buttons and nothin' happens.

Comments

• 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    It was working earlier this morning for me (closer to 10) but has been out from about noon til just about now.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it is rough, but im sure they like it even less than we do. i mean, they dont get clicks, they dont get sales.

im sure they are working to get it fixed.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    it is rough, but im sure they like it even less than we do. i mean, they dont get clicks, they dont get sales.

im sure they are working to get it fixed.
    OH absolutely, I agree that C.Com must be going friggin' nutz over this. But I still want MY pound of flesh. LOL.
    Yes for C.Com there is nothing else that could be worse for business, then not having access to your customers and your customers not having access to your site! Yikes!!!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Oddly enough, I'm having this problem not only with Ccom, but CI and Famous Smokes/Cigar Monster as well - they all seem to keep going down
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Shared servers, maybe? One big cigar conglomerate? This is a conspiracy theory in the works! Imagine, Elvis is really using Alex as a puppet, and Tupac and Michael Jackson are using Nessie as a boat to ship the product. Ingenious.
  • bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    ****Nerd Alert*****

It seem that Cigars.com shares the same hosting company as CigarInternational.com (http://www.dbsintl.com/).  So it seems logical that if one site is having an issue not related to the site itself than the other would have an issue too.  In fact, the 2 sites are in the same network, the last octet of their IP are only 2 number off 77 and 79 respectively.  Not sure about the famous-smoke.com i think they are using their own server, they simply have purchased a domain from verisign and point at verisign's name servers. 

If the webmaster at Cigar.com would like to see about a different hosting company I would gladly help them.  I am familiar with one :Dwww.Rackspace.com

tl;dr the computers are close to each other, something happened on the interweb
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Pretty sure they both run under the same parent! Same address, same web set up, same web host.
  • Hey guys, Unfortunately I am not a "techie" so I don't have any specific information as to why the site is behaving the way it is. I've read many of your posts and it is apparent most of you realize this is not a local problem. In fact, other non-tobacco related companies were also affected as well. I assure you our IT guys are working diligently, and when I say that, I mean night and day to get the site running properly and stablized. It seems when they find a fix, another error occurs, and the site goes back down. Its a string of nasty issues unfortunately and we are just as frustrated as you all are. Please bare with us as we resolve these errors. I urge you to contact our consultants to place any orders until we have the site working properly again. This most likely was a DDOS attack and doesn't affect any customer information, but disrupts the flow of traffic, jamming the servers, causing any websites involved to crash or become unstable. Here is another post released by one of our competitors describing the situation: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/63674.aspx We appreciate your patience and guarantee the website will be up and running perfectly as soon as possible.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Joshua Smelko:
    Hey guys, Unfortunately I am not a "techie" so I don't have any specific information as to why the site is behaving the way it is. I've read many of your posts and it is apparent most of you realize this is not a local problem. In fact, other non-tobacco related companies were also affected as well. I assure you our IT guys are working diligently, and when I say that, I mean night and day to get the site running properly and stablized. It seems when they find a fix, another error occurs, and the site goes back down. Its a string of nasty issues unfortunately and we are just as frustrated as you all are. Please bare with us as we resolve these errors. I urge you to contact our consultants to place any orders until we have the site working properly again. This most likely was a DDOS attack and doesn't affect any customer information, but disrupts the flow of traffic, jamming the servers, causing any websites involved to crash or become unstable. Here is another post released by one of our competitors describing the situation: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/63674.aspx We appreciate your patience and guarantee the website will be up and running perfectly as soon as possible.

Joshua you have a PM ...
    Yeah, it smelled a bit like an attack. That sucks, I can't imagine whom would be doing that.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    betasynn:
    Yeah, it smelled a bit like an attack. That sucks, I can't imagine whom would be doing that.

I thought I saw someone with a cape on and a big 'T' on their chest ...LOL
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See my post under "Whassup?" in the General Discussion forum

Marty

gmill880:
    betasynn:

My first thought as well, to be honest.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    gmill880:
    betasynn:

My first thought as well, to be honest.
    I'm sorry betasynn but I just have to say this
    Have you ever seen the study that shows that word order doesn't mean anything if the FIRST and LAST letters are in the right spot? (i.e. SPACE SHIP can be spelled SAPCE SIHP and you can read it just fine)

Everytime I see betasynn I think betsyann I'm not trying to be mean, but that's just how my mind works
    Haha, yeah, I'm in the Psychology field. It's a pretty neat study, and it has all sorts of interesting implications. No offense taken.