Home General Discussion

Anyone heard from Smokester

Has anyone heard from Smokester in a while? He seemed to be getting pretty active for a while and then disappeared. He contacted me asking about a trade. We worked out the details (he was sending first) and then I quit hearing from him.
Just wondering if anyone knew his whereabouts or does he have anything else cooking on the forums as far as trades or such?
Not sounding any alarms yet but just seems like he dropped out rather quickly.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey laker, It seems that on occasion people get involved with real life ( myself included) and get out of the habit of checking in often. I recently was gone for about a month, and others have been gone a lot longer. Then there is so much to catch up on it is overwhelming.
    He'll probably pop back in, who knows, the nice weather often keeps people away too.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kaspera79:
    Hey laker, It seems that on occasion people get involved with real life ( myself included) and get out of the habit of checking in often. I recently was gone for about a month, and others have been gone a lot longer. Then there is so much to catch up on it is overwhelming.
    He'll probably pop back in, who knows, the nice weather often keeps people away too.
    Whao ! Bro' take a chill pill. I was asking for that very reason which I thought I made clear. (guess not)
    On the other hand, IF people do get involved with "life" they usually don't do it in the middle of a trade. I would feel bad if someone here got burned and I could do something about it, but sat back, said nothing and then commented on how $hitty that BOTL's luck was after the fact.
    I was NOT accusing Smokester of ANYTHING... I was asking if anyone had heard from him or had any present dealing with him. Is there a problem with that, since I am still waiting to hear from him regarding our possible trade?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Reading kas' message, I didn't see anything that made me think he was accusing you of being upset. It seems like Kas was just answering your question. I agree, it is a little strange that smokey disappeared so suddenly; I just hope he's okay.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, I'm with Beta on this one, I didn't think Kas was being rude or accusing you of anything either. It's tough sometimes on here because it's hard to read someone's "tone" unless they come out and call you an A-hole or something, but I don't think that was meant as any kind of personal attack.
    Hey Laker, I was just saying smoke is a good trader and is probably just involved in other things more important to him than a cigar trade. I've heard of very few members who didn't deliver on a trade. Of course you aren't accusing anyone, Sorry if you misunderstood my reply.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    No laker I have not heard from him or seen him. Hope he is all right.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kaspera79:
    Hey Laker, I was just saying smoke is a good trader and is probably just involved in other things more important to him than a cigar trade. I've heard of very few members who didn't deliver on a trade. Of course you aren't accusing anyone, Sorry if you misunderstood my reply.
    Kas, I apologize if I mis-read your intentions. I felt you were saying I was over reacting to Smokesters not being around anymore. I did respond from that position, and I was wrong. Sorry.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    File under real housewives of the ccom forum!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Fourtotheflush:
    ha

yet still an understanding bunch we are. For some reason I don't see any of us holding a resentment long enough to ruin the taste of a cigar.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    bbc020:
    Fourtotheflush:
    ha

yet still an understanding bunch we are. For some reason I don't see any of us holding a resentment long enough to ruin the taste of a cigar.

I'll second that ...all in favor say 'I" ...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    bbc020:
    Fourtotheflush:
    ha

"EYE"
    gmill880:
    bbc020:
    Fourtotheflush:
    ha

In my best pirate voice... AYE !! No need to apologize.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    bbc020:
    Fourtotheflush:
    ha

In my best pirate voice... AYE !! No need to apologize.
    Wouldn't a pirate answer with "ARGGH!!!" instead? *cue rimshot*
    No... Didn't men of the sea say stuff like " aye-aye Captain Bligh ?? "