Home General Discussion

CAO Mx3 vs Camacho Triple Maduro

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Has anyone had the CAO Mx3 yet? I know CAO didn't release it to the general public and so I haven't met anyone who has had it yet but I have had the Camacho Triple maduro and so I am interested in the comparison between the two.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have not had one but i know someone that may have one. Ill ask him.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I wouldnt mind getting a few minutes of alone time in the CAO room in Nashville along with a duffle bag or two! But I doubt they'll allow that. Customer service these days! I really liked the Camacho triple maduro and would really like to try the MX3. I guess I'll give the MX2 a shot next time I come across one.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    the mx2 is a fantastic smoke, and it does indeed have 2 maduro leaf components. don't recall if it was two maddy wrappers or a maddy wrapper and binder. other cigars labled double maduro, generally are not the same thing, they are just cured like a maduro leaf for longer, if not twice as long. hence the name "double" maduro.
  • Larry68Larry68 Posts: 5
    I agree, the Mx2 is a fantastic cigar. My local smoke shop has them and I have had one twice in the last week. Excellent smoke for the maduro lover. I even enjoy the taste it leaves in my mouth afterward. Goes good with a dark beer. Haven't had the Camacho yet, but need to find one.
  • Larry68Larry68 Posts: 5
    OK, so I had the Camacho Triple Maduro tonight and I have to say I liked the Mx2 better. The Camacho was a good smoke, but the overall taste of the Mx2 was just better in my opinion.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    The Camacho Triple Maduro is one of my favorite sticks. My wife even likes the TripMad. I have not had the CAO Mx3 but I have had the Mx2, I think I may have gotten hold of a bad stick because I didn't care for it at all. I had the orpedo and the draw was very tight so I clipped a little bit more off the end and the wrapper started to come undone. Then, halfway through smoking it just went out. I will be a Camacho fan for life. Everything of theirs I have tried has been spot on; the PE, Triple Maduro, nd I've got some Candelas coming in the mail any day now. I can't wait to try the greenie.