Home Non Cigar Related

snow day on March 25th? this sucks

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
we got 10+ inches of snow in STL today.....on March 24th.....really can't spring just get here?
I like the day off tomorrow, but damn......i just want to be able to smoke outside if i want to.

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I ain't there!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy it. It's beautiful. This morning we have white global warming sticking to the branches, two inches of global warming already on the roofs and yards, global warming blanketting the street, and more global warming falling thick and fast. Gonna slap on the four wheel drive and creep to the office giggling all the way.

I love weather. Love it. Soon enough we will all be hermetically sealed in weather proof boxes hidden six feet below where global warming can reach us. Until then, give me more weather. I'll even take a hurricane. Days like this I wish I had an outside job.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    we got 10+ inches of snow in STL today.....on March 24th.....really can't spring just get here?
    I like the day off tomorrow, but damn......i just want to be able to smoke outside if i want to.
    About 5 inches here, real wet and heavy snow....

Supposed to be in the 50s by mid week though, hopefully you have the same luck and it will melt soon.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Spring has sprung in the deep deep south. I feel for you guys.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Yup, must be tough up north. I've been working on my tan since January; I'm almost as dark as a surfer and there's a balmy breeze wafting through the open windows in my condo right now
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Spring has sprung in the deep deep south. I feel for you guys.

So, when can I come down?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    So one of you southerners need a roomy? You know like the month and that Mike guy? ahhaa
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrific snowball snow. Sticks together real heavy. Great day to be off school for Easter.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Terrific snowball snow. Sticks together real heavy. Great day to be off school for Easter.
    totally agree with this. great snowman snow too....i have seen some really impressive snowmen.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Funny it was the little dry powdery flakes in Denver this weekend. I got to stare out the window of the airport all evening Friday and most of the day Saturday and watch 8 to 10 inches pile up.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Funny it was the little dry powdery flakes in Denver this weekend. I got to stare out the window of the airport all evening Friday and most of the day Saturday and watch 8 to 10 inches pile up.
    Did that help the travel from He!!? But, you did make it home then Gordon? Damn that had to suck fierce..
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Missed the wedding but made it home, nightmare over. Now the refund process starts. I'm torn, working in water you kind of hope for as much snow as you can get, but otherwise snow is just a pain in the rump.

I also learned a couple of valuable lessons this weekend. One, stay away from the Denver airport from September to June. Two, drink beer instead of liquor while at the airport. I was so furious Friday night that I got pretty short with the woman behind the ticket counter. There wasn't much of a filter on what was coming out of my mouth. She wound up being the one that finally solved my situation and I made her come out from behind the counter so I could give her a hug and appologize for being a d!ck.