Home General Discussion

March madness deals

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Yum.

Comments

• ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I jumped on one order of the Graycliff 30th. I figure a 30 year old wrapper is worth taking the risk at $4 per stick. I bought two of the reconquista/oval deals last year, and it's certainly a great deal, but no go this year. Looking for something more unique. I think the super-premium would have gotten me at $9-10 per stick, but not at $12.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be dumb cause I can't find the march madness at the c.com page. Got links?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    webmost:
    I must be dumb cause I can't find the march madness at the c.com page. Got links?
    It's the daily cigar deal.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Wont comment on your level of intelligence, we determine that by your posts ;) ...but it is not a special page, just the daily deal page. http://www.cigar.com/DailyDeal/ccCigarDeals.asp
    Anyone have the Graycliff 30th? Price is right but to me, with Graycliff, you never know what you're gonna get. Kinda like a box of chocolates...
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Tried one. Was just ok. And the wrapper blew up on me. Have another in the humi. Will let it rest . Not so sure I would go for a box though.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    IIRC, last year the Reconquistas came in their own coffin box. Very nice cigar, same with that oval; think I still have some left, somewhere in my humi
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    webmost:
    It's the daily cigar deal.
    Well, heck, that happens every day.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I ordered the reconquista/oval, and the sampler. Can't see myself ever getting those sampler cigars again except for at the march madness price. Certainly would never pay retail for those, ouch.
    asianbiker8:
    I ordered the reconquista/oval, and the sampler. Can't see myself ever getting those sampler cigars again except for at the march madness price. Certainly would never pay retail for those, ouch.
    I bit as well. Hope I didn't pop my March Madness cherry too early...there still being more to come. Now I just need to make sure I receive the package before wife does.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    asianbiker8:
    I bit as well. Hope I didn't pop my March Madness cherry too early...there still being more to come. Now I just need to make sure I receive the package before wife does.
    Glad to see another plays that game as well....
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    y2pascoe:
    asianbiker8:
    I think most of us play that game, Jim. LMAO.

And great deals for sure ---- very tempted to get the Recon and SL Oval ...

Very hard to pass up because I do love the Recons, but the Beard already took my money from his "weekend blitz" deal....
    And if I spend anymore I might have to go stand on the freeway exit ramp with a coffee cup, begging for change LOL.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    asianbiker8:
    I sort of remember not taking the first or second deal last year and regretting it all week. If it's cigars you like it's probably a good choice.
  • slum_lordeslum_lorde Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    y2pascoe:
    asianbiker8:

There is a solution. Just get yourself a P.O. box. All you need is a small one and then you can go to the counter to get your packages. Just make sure to check with cigar.com to see what their shipping policies are.

It should only be about $6.00 a month to rent a small P.O. box. For cigar purchases of over $100, cigar.com might charge an extra couple of dollars per shipment for insurance. A big benefit, if you live on the west coast, is that purchases can arrive much faster, often within a couple of days instead of the full week it usually takes. A drawback is that sometimes you'll have to wait in line at the local post office to get your package. That can be a drag.

Just remember to check around for local public recycling bins or trash bins, so you can discretely get rid of the shipping boxes. Otherwise, things might blow up on you if you start taking cigars home in their shipping boxes or your wife manages to find a bunch of empty shipping boxes tossed into your home recycling bin or trash.

No more wifey problems this way. But be warned if she ever did find out, BOOM!
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    asianbiker8:

I got the sampler too... You know what? Those prices are pretty much MSRP for those, but good luck finding a place that will sell you those singles for MSRP.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Aren't most of those stick more that $15 each retail? Closer to $20 for some? Even here on c.com?
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    slum_lorde:
    Bigshizza:
    y2pascoe:
    asianbiker8:

There is a solution. Just get yourself a P.O. box. All you need is a small one and then you can go to the counter to get your packages. Just make sure to check with cigar.com to see what their shipping policies are.

It should only be about $6.00 a month to rent a small P.O. box. For cigar purchases of over $100, cigar.com might charge an extra couple of dollars per shipment for insurance. A big benefit, if you live on the west coast, is that purchases can arrive much faster, often within a couple of days instead of the full week it usually takes. A drawback is that sometimes you'll have to wait in line at the local post office to get your package. That can be a drag.

Just remember to check around for local public recycling bins or trash bins, so you can discretely get rid of the shipping boxes. Otherwise, things might blow up on you if you start taking cigars home in their shipping boxes or your wife manages to find a bunch of empty shipping boxes tossed into your home recycling bin or trash.

Anyone else find this beyond ironically humerous with said sneaky advice coming from a man named "slum lord"?
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Vulchor:
    slum_lorde:
    Bigshizza:
    y2pascoe:
    asianbiker8:

Anyone else find this beyond ironically humerous with said sneaky advice coming from a man named "slum lord"?
    Maybe he's a landlord in a slum? lul I find the advice itself funny! It's good to only have the gf sometimes heh.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That Graycliff is a really good cigar. I was not a big Graycliff fan, but I got one of those in a sampler here a few months back.. It really impressed me, maybe not a twenty-five dollar cigar, but at this price, WELL worth it. Best deal of the day.
    I'm amazed that the ReconquistaOval deal took until now to sell out. Or maybe they had more stock on hand this year based on last year's demand...
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Gurkha? Really?! Should I smoke a Status so people respect mah authoritay at the B&M?
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Shoulda taken the oppotunity for extra sleep tonight:/-------ehh well, somewhere people are happy with this one. Tomorrow the deal shall be mine.
    Yeah, disappointed that I stayed up today for Gurkhas.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    xmacro:
    Gurkha? Really?! Should I smoke a Status so people respect mah authoritay at the B&M?
    I feel like my secret decoder ring just spelled "ovaltine." Come on guys. We are all CCOM lovers here, but this is like a kick to the balls as a march madness deal. You can already get all those sticks for $3 a piece anytime. Oh well, the wallet is safe for another night.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    gurkhas!! for folks that like it that is one heck of a deal. wait.. is it? i dont know. I haven't smoked gurkhas in a while. i just know they are typically heavily discounted
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    ***Poking my eyes out with a sharp object***

More Gurks for the Gurk lovers since I won't be touching today's deal.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had to raise an eyebrow on this one.
    Feels like a filler deal.

• slum_lordeslum_lorde Posts: 27 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I had to raise an eyebrow on this one.
    Feels like a filler deal.

Maybe to filler up the compost heap.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Not a bad deal seeing as you don't see Mazos of them that often (At least I don't). I don't have space for these nor do I know how good they are, never tried any of those.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    It is a good price, but on the march madness night that I've got insomnia they have 3 Gurkha deals???come on man!