Home General Discussion

Lot of 6 boxes - not sure of worth. New to the scene.

I'd love anyone's opinions on these that I put up on eBay.  Should I keep them?  Is there one out of the 6 that's pretty valuable?  Hope you're all kind to a newbie. 

Here they are >>

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey!

Although they are cool I doubt they are worth a lot. I have one of those King Edward boxes from my grandfather!

All of them are machine made, short filler-cigar, boxes. At first I thought that the Ruskin box was signed by someone, but it looks as if someone just re-labeled it for storage of film.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's in them? Is it well aged, smooth, and mellow?

Can you date them?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Well, the cigar boxes are empty, so not sure if OP is selling cigars or just the boxes (is that an ebay thing? I thought ppl got around that by selling the cigar bands?), and it doesn't look like OP knows anything about humidification, so my guess would be the cigars are good for fertilizer, and not much else. The boxes themselves are probably worthless
    My impression was that he was selling empty boxes
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    +1
    And if so ....
    Gray4lines:
    Hey!

Although they are cool I doubt they are worth a lot. I have one of those King Edward boxes from my grandfather!

All of them are machine made, short filler-cigar, boxes. At first I thought that the Ruskin box was signed by someone, but it looks as if someone just re-labeled it for storage of film.
    +2
    I have probably 5 old King Edward boxes like that. Wife went to an estate sale last year and got me probably 20+ empty boxes, similar to the ones you have --- and I think she spent $10 for the whole lot of them.

But if you're selling the cigars, and they've been kept in good shape they might be worth a little more ... but I still doubt you'd get much for them. Like others have said they're short filler, pretty common "budget" cigars for that time period.
    Also I'd bet that they're similar to Webmost's Vintage White Owl(?) --- aka they're well past their prime....

I'd say keep the boxes, especially if you're into cigars (you are, aren't you?)
    And if you have other cigar "memoribilia" on display, kind of cool to have older boxes like that sitting out on display. Neat conversation piece if nothing else, IMHO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    I'd say keep the boxes, especially if you're into cigars (you are, aren't you?)
    And if you have other cigar "memoribilia" on display, kind of cool to have older boxes like that sitting out on display. Neat conversation piece if nothing else, IMHO.
    If you're not into cigars you should be, and you came to the right place!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    You may get an offer on them, Probably not the twenty you are expecting but someone may surprise you.. Good luck. And, of course we are kind to Newbies, we were all there once too.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Hey I was just making a silly joke alluding to the box of White Owls I was gifted by a client.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Oh, I wasn't specifically addressing your post. But what a gift, lol! I saw your review of the aged and mellow, white owl. Lol!!! Of course, I used to love AyC grenadiers. I'd prob still smoke one.