Home Non Cigar Related

Forum Respect

I've noticed an influx of recent forum posts which include harassment, derogatory posts, and ignorance. Let's keep it upbeat and respectful please. We're all here for our love of cigars. This is a wonderful community and I hope that we can all do our part to keep it that way! With Much Love and RESPECT, Tina CCOM Account Manager

Comments

• jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    I agree with you. Although I haven't come across any of these post I see this place as a spot to come to and discuss cigars, drinks, humidors and everything in between with a group full of ladies and gentlemen. We don't need that type of stuff around here and I doubt anyone would be upset with an IP ban on these types of people. Cigars are for relaxing and so should the place to talk about them.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, this happens when people who are banned keep getting back on because their IP address is not blocked. CCom should really look into that. This forum was a terrible place to be 6 months ago, and a lot of people left. Those that stayed have worked hard to keep it a fun place to hang and help noobs out. It's out of line to let people continually come back here that threatened good people, harassed good people, threatened physical violence, etc... If that is acceptable by CCom's standards, then more will probably leave...and rightfully so. A moderator would be nice, especially in the NCR forum lol... I stay far away from there for good reason.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay classy, have fun. Lots of good people here who all enjoy the same thing.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfaciane:
    I agree with you. Although I haven't come across any of these post I see this place as a spot to come to and discuss cigars, drinks, humidors and everything in between with a group full of ladies and gentlemen. We don't need that type of stuff around here and I doubt anyone would be upset with an IP ban on these types of people. Cigars are for relaxing and so should the place to talk about them.
    Absolutely! People shouldnt have to worry if they respond to a post that someone will snap on them just because they are looking for a fight.
  • No sides are being picked here. If you notice a problem, report it. Fanning the flames will never accomplish anything. I'll have our regular moderator comb through tomorrow to check for posts or members that have been previously deleted. Anytime you notice issues, please just send us a message. We try to do our part here but we have other jobs to attend to as well. You reporting a problem will help make everyone's lives easier.
    Tina E:
    No sides are being picked here. If you notice a problem, report it. Fanning the flames will never accomplish anything. I'll have our regular moderator comb through tomorrow to check for posts or members that have been previously deleted. Anytime you notice issues, please just send us a message. We try to do our part here but we have other jobs to attend to as well. You reporting a problem will help make everyone's lives easier.
    Tine, I sent Krebsie a PM. We verified a banned member/duplicate account via the Photobucket and him posting about being back. Several people reported his posts.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tina E:
    No sides are being picked here. If you notice a problem, report it. Fanning the flames will never accomplish anything. I'll have our regular moderator comb through tomorrow to check for posts or members that have been previously deleted. Anytime you notice issues, please just send us a message. We try to do our part here but we have other jobs to attend to as well. You reporting a problem will help make everyone's lives easier.
    Does the "report abuse" button work, or is pm/email a better way to address a concern?

Thanks, Tina.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for being here and supporting us Tina, you rock and the attitude is the EXACT right one for us ALL to have and I am extremely grateful for you saying all of this :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I am blissfully ignorant as to what this is about. Hope it's not me. LOL
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Same here; no idea what this is about, but hoping it's not me or my posts in the political threads :p
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Same here; no idea what this is about, but hoping it's not me or my posts in the political threads :p
    I have reported you dozens of times, but am always told to pick myself up by my bootstraps and stop looking for moderator handouts;)
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Vulchor:
    xmacro:
    I have reported you dozens of times, but am always told to pick myself up by my bootstraps and stop looking for moderator handouts;)
    Those liars!! They always told me that there were regulations that needed to be followed and the report had to be approved by a certified panel of experts before they could do anything. I waited a year before they told me that I forgot to dot an "i" on the third signature line and now they had to start all over again.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Both of us.....foiled again!
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:
    xmacro:
    Those liars!! They always told me that there were regulations that needed to be followed and the report had to be approved by a certified panel of experts before they could do anything. I waited a year before they told me that I forgot to dot an "i" on the third signature line and now they had to start all over again.

Dont forget it has to be filled out in triplicate with blue ink on the front page and red ink on the back page.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Unfortunately, this happens when people who are banned keep getting back on because their IP address is not blocked. CCom should really look into that.
    Very often, IP addresses are dynamic. That means you are assigned a new one periodically. Therefore, the IP you use today may be assigned to some other household tomorrow. IP addresses are also not always unique. That means that there may be scores of AOL subscribers all using the same IP at the same time.

Therefore, banning an IP is not the solution.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Tina, I got a problem with a few of your expert picks (Gurhka Widow Maker? SERIOUSLY?) :)

But that's just a personal preference thing. You're right about everything else! :)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm too hot headed to allow myself to get into any drama. I know how I am and I'd probably wind up getting banned myself if I did get involved in any dispute. That bieng said some of the arguing that started taking place ways back really affected my personal involvement in the forums,
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Am I the only one that finds the sporadic, nonsensical, random use of caps lock forum posts thoroughly amusing?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Am I the only one that finds the sporadic, nonsensical, random use of caps lock forum posts thoroughly amusing?
    It's a lost literary art form..
  • I can't win 'em all! haha
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    y2pascoe:
    It's a lost literary art form..
    IM GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE who thinks SO
    Playatoremainanonymous1:
    Playatoremainanonymous2:
    I am blissfully ignorant as to what this is about. Hope it's not me. LOL
    Oh my god! They've escaped from the non-cigar discussion areas! Man the lifeboats!!!! :)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not the Devil's advocate, but I play one on TV.

Hey, I really like the hurly burly bumping of elbows, though. If we play basketball, you're going to get the hip. If we play football, you're going down hard. If it's me gets the hip or the hard hit, I ain't whining, I'm getting up and trying harder. It's all an essential part of the game. There is no tame in game. You leave it all on the field.

By the same exact token, I like a good spirited discussion. Get into it. Chew on that dang thing. What survives must be truth.

Know what? Offense is far more often taken than it is given, far more often sought than meant.

Which reminds me, I prolly owe a certain ultra liberal play pal a fat bomb. Think I have his addy. I'll have to get right on that. I miss the cat.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    Which reminds me, I prolly owe a certain ultra liberal play pal a fat bomb. Think I have his addy. I'll have to get right on that. I miss the cat.

Please do. There are few too few of us loony liberals left around here. What's the fun of debating if you're outnumbered 5-1? :)
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    webmost:

Please do. There are few too few of us loony liberals left around here. What's the fun of debating if you're outnumbered 5-1? :)
    I've got a liberal side of me and I was a little scared to even get involved in those crazy threads in the non-cigar area.....
    brianetz1:
    raisindot:
    webmost:

I've got a liberal side of me and I was a little scared to even get involved in those crazy threads in the non-cigar area.....
    +1 yep the one area I truly stay away from..
    Bigshizza:
    brianetz1:
    raisindot:
    webmost:

+164829274648282
    catfishbluezz:
    Bigshizza:
    brianetz1:
    raisindot:
    webmost:

+164829274648282
    I gave up debating in the non-cig-areas for Lent. And I'm Jewish! :)
    raisindot:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bigshizza:
    brianetz1:
    raisindot:
    webmost:

+164829274648282
    I gave up debating in the non-cig-areas for Lent. And I'm Jewish! :)
    I'm Catholic... Way to hang with me bro!!