Home Non Cigar Related

As a hypothetical

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
What would your dream smoke shop look like or have inside?
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    It would have nice leather couches, great pictures on the walls, a section for pool tables and foosball, a nice bar area with some great booths, maybe a couple of noise isolated bowling lanes, a pond to do some fishing outside, and tons of great botls. The walkins would be well organized and attended by friendly, informative but not pushy staff. There would be areas for table games like cribbage, backgammon, and a separate section with T.V.'s for sporting events. A place where everyone knows your name!! If I win the lotto, it will become a reality.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Don't forget the brass pole for our entertainment.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Propane fire pit!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    What would your dream smoke shop look like or have inside?
    Casa de monticeisto. It is the most amazing cigar shop/lounge I have ever seen. And they have pretty much every cigar known to man and a lot we don't know of.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Well it just so happens I am working on a hypothetical cigar lounge opening about half a mile from home. In hypothetical dollars I budgeted $1,000,000 to account for the renovation of the building stock decor and other essentials. Leather furniture is accounted for; as is a covered heated patio.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    Well it just so happens I am working on a hypothetical cigar lounge opening about half a mile from home. In hypothetical dollars I budgeted $1,000,000 to account for the renovation of the building stock decor and other essentials. Leather furniture is accounted for; as is a covered heated patio.
    lol Thanks for the insight.
    james40:
    It would have nice leather couches, great pictures on the walls, a section for pool tables and foosball, a nice bar area with some great booths, maybe a couple of noise isolated bowling lanes, a pond to do some fishing outside, and tons of great botls. The walkins would be well organized and attended by friendly, informative but not pushy staff. There would be areas for table games like cribbage, backgammon, and a separate section with T.V.'s for sporting events. A place where everyone knows your name!! If I win the lotto, it will become a reality.
    +1
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Beautiful naked women holding ashtrays. Lots of ashtrays. Just sayin..
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Holding 'ashtrays'...

......ashtrays...really? ;)

and welcome back Greg!
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    cabinetmaker:
    Holding 'ashtrays'...

......ashtrays...really? ;)

and welcome back Greg!
    I'm guessing lots of ashtrays equals lots of women? I think I understand. Yep. Lots of ashtrays. Mine would offer two free top shelf adult beverages for every one cigar purchased and smoked on premises.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Excellent ventilation, a place separate from the TVs where silence is enforced (eg, a place to think, read, or get work done), free (speedy) wifi that you can game with, a grill out back, a patio outside with nice chairs.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and in-house cigar rollers that will roll up whatever you want! Theyd have a "menu" of binders, fillers, and wrappers and maybe recommended pairings.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allstate I need is some nice chairs a tv and a place to tell my lies. But I must say Lames 40 and Cabinetmaker have it covered. They ought to go in as partners.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    My favorite smoking place is always my Man Cave. Maybe it is not as fancy as a cigar lounge but it still part of my sweet home and I have everything I need there: photo CC2025_zpsff4ef8ad.jpg photo CC2023_zps74849491.jpg photo CC2015_zps64783ef5.jpg photo CC2013_zpsb0ea0b76.jpg photo CC2019_zps913b2b70.jpg
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    dang it man... your killing me with you pics... i just drooled on my dang keyboard again when I seen that glen 21.. i just cleaned it up from your aging posts.... stop it
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Microbrews. Bourbon. Scotch. Steak. Burgers. Lots of TV's. Lots of comfortable seating. An inviting atmosphere to women as well as men.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Have to be aware of laws... in Ks smokes and liquor have weird laws... local laws dictate... (and this is my final project for my degree) lots of research going on currently as well as previously. I agree about making it inviting for all clientele. Outdoor patio with infared heaters and major wind breaks with covered portion needed too.
    That is one thing Id hope would be legal in WI. But you all have given me a lot to think about! Very awesome.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Might also wanna get some beer brewing equipment. You can rent it out for guys to use extract kits with, get them into brewing.
    Thinking about starting both a smoke shop and a brewery in the same area.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Might also wanna get some beer brewing equipment. You can rent it out for guys to use extract kits with, get them into brewing.
    Really cool idea. Another for a combo situation, a saw a shop once that had a local oil change place come to the parking lot to do oil changes while the person relaxed in the lounge. Cross-marketing can be great!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Does anyone have any ideas on where I could get pricing for a walk in humidor for a store?? I have been searching all over on the web and have no idea who I would be able to contact.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    macs-smokes:
    That's where dreams are made. Nice.
    well like i said before... I am doing a hypothetical cigar lounge for my degree... but I did the research rightish... I know what I want... just know I can't get investors to pony up the $$ for it... it will truly cost almost $1,000,000 to build, equip, and stock the way I want.
    JSaint:
    Does anyone have any ideas on where I could get pricing for a walk in humidor for a store?? I have been searching all over on the web and have no idea who I would be able to contact.
    I've built walk-in humidors. Ckeck out "The Leaf" in abilene (google it).

Or, use this handy link:

http://www.theleafcigar.com/cigars.html
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Outdoor BBQ area and large patio
    Stripper pole
    Tons of huge leather furniture
    Lockers
    A private lounge, where the pole is
    Big screens
    Espresso machines
    coffee roaster
    Kegerators
    A donut store next door
    A pool
    Video Games-including Star Wars Tie fighter
    House roller
    Poker table, gambling area

I am sure I could keep going, but that's a start
    cabinetmaker:
    JSaint:

Or, use this handy link:

Offering to drive up to WI to build one? lol
    catfishbluezz:
    Outdoor BBQ area and large patio
    Stripper pole
    Tons of huge leather furniture
    Lockers
    A private lounge, where the pole is
    Big screens
    Espresso machines
    coffee roaster
    Kegerators
    A donut store next door
    A pool
    Video Games-including Star Wars Tie fighter
    House roller
    Poker table, gambling area

I am sure I could keep going, but that's a start
    +1
    JSaint:
    cabinetmaker:
    JSaint:

Or, use this handy link:

Offering to drive up to WI to build one? lol
    If the price is right ;)