Home Non Cigar Related

damn its hot

jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
we are having a heat wave here in the seattle area. supposed to be 100 degrees today, thats a record, another record is over night low, it didnt get below 70 last night. in an area where only 1% of the population has air conditioning. my apt was 93 degrees last night before

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    OUCH! Thats gotta be rough! It's strange because here in TX where you expect it to be hot we are supposed to be having highs in the 80's all week. That is STRANGE for July!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think my area has only had a hand full of days over 80 all year. it still feels like spring.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Its been strangly cold up here and all of the fall mushrooms that usually come out in september came out in July.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jihiggs:
    we are having a heat wave here in the seattle area. supposed to be 100 degrees today, thats a record, another record is over night low, it didnt get below 70 last night. in an area where only 1% of the population has air conditioning. my apt was 93 degrees last night before
    Same here Jihiggs. On Vancouver Island it has been in the high 90's for days. We reached 100 yesterday for a short period. This weather is supposed to stay with us for another week at least.
    Up in Whitehorse and YellowKnife (Way up North guys) the temps are reaching into the high 80's !!! Nope global climate change isn't a problem... just ask the Polar Bear holding the slushie to keep cool.
    laker1963:
    jihiggs:
    Same here Jihiggs. On Vancouver Island it has been in the high 90's for days. We reached 100 yesterday for a short period. This weather is supposed to stay with us for another week at least.
    Up in Whitehorse and YellowKnife (Way up North guys) the temps are reaching into the high 80's !!! Nope global climate change isn't a problem... just ask the Polar Bear holding the slushie to keep cool.
    Yea, well the planet has only been warming since the end of the last ice age... It's not like its anything new.
    PuroFreak:
    laker1963:
    jihiggs:
    Yea, well the planet has only been warming since the end of the last ice age... It's not like its anything new.
    How come that response doesn't surprise me? LMAO
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Higgs it has been so hot in Florida this summer there has been a line outside of the Hospice for people begging to be killed.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Higgs it has been so hot in Florida this summer there has been a line outside of the Hospice for people begging to be killed.
    BA-ZING!! :)

It's been hot here, but I've hit that nice stride that I get into about mid-July where it's been hot enough for long enough that it doesn't even bother me much.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I hate Ball-Soup....

Just Saying
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I hate Ball-Soup....

Just Saying
    aka duck butter
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    I hate Ball-Soup....

Just Saying
    aka duck butter
    Never heard of that... Sounds bad though...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    The amount of rain we've had here from Global Cooling *snicker snicker* has significantly dampened (<--pun intended) the normally scorching temps here.
    Lasabar:
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    I hate Ball-Soup....

Just Saying
    aka duck butter
    Sounds bad???? Nah, smells bad, though. Real bad.
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    I hate Ball-Soup....

Just Saying
    aka duck butter
    Sounds bad???? Nah, smells bad, though. Real bad.
    FYI...http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=duck+butter
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    dont give me that crap about global warming. is global warming also the reason it snowed in april, a mere 3 months ago? not to mention one of the coldest and harshest winters in the northwest. not to mention the 3 times the global warming convention on the east coast was canceled because of unusual snow
    I got desperate the other day, took 3 blocks of ice and a bag of ice cubes, put it in my sink with water and a ton of salt. then blew a fan over it. it kindof worked, but it wasnt enough to make a difference in the room. if I did that with a kiddie pool and 15 times the ice, it might have worked. but im not quite THAT desperate.
    last night, at 10pm, it was still 88 degrees outside. that was tough.
    jihiggs:
    dont give me that crap about global warming. is global warming also the reason it snowed in april, a mere 3 months ago? not to mention one of the coldest and harshest winters in the northwest. not to mention the 3 times the global warming convention on the east coast was canceled because of unusual snow
    I got desperate the other day, took 3 blocks of ice and a bag of ice cubes, put it in my sink with water and a ton of salt. then blew a fan over it. it kindof worked, but it wasnt enough to make a difference in the room. if I did that with a kiddie pool and 15 times the ice, it might have worked. but im not quite THAT desperate.
    OK when you put it that way! LMAOSMH
  • bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    for the record i live in TX it's been in the 100's
    strange weather happens.

always has.

always will

Humans didnt change that.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    jihiggs:
    That blows man, is it a dry type of heat your getting there or is it that humid crap? I'm cool with the 88 and near 0 humidity at night, but not that muggy, cant-ever-get-dry stuff.
    bigj51:
    for the record i live in TX it's been in the 100's
    That shows just how BIG Texas really is, because right now here in the Dallas area it's 72 and might not even reach the 90s today. That is SOOOO rare for this area at the end of July!

But to correct a few people, it's not called "global warming" anymore. They have discovered that a large portion of the planet actually isn't warming but is now cooling, so the term of the year is "Climate Change." Now everyone say it is me... CLIMATE CHANGE...
    They gotta have some name for their "man made" catastrophes! lol
    i thought the climate was always in a constant state of flux? like there is a natural cycle to it all.

oh well. i must be wrong.

since i want it a bit warmer, im gunna go let my car idle for a few hours...
    kuzi16:
    i thought the climate was always in a constant state of flux? like there is a natural cycle to it all.

oh well. i must be wrong.

since i want it a bit warmer, im gunna go let my car idle for a few hours...
    SHHHHHH!!! You are going to punch holes in this theory and then we won't be able to make any money off of it! DAMN YOU KUZI! How dare you use logic!!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I grew up in the Seattle area where it reaches 90 maybe twice a year and rarely touches 100. I never knew hot until I saw Iraq in mid July. I now understand how it was that the people who lived here 4000 years ago developed the concept of hell. This place is hell on earth.