Home Non Cigar Related

Personal Cigar Inventory App

camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
Hi everyone.
I'm doing a college project with a cigar theme. The project is to develop an application that will work on any platform; Android, Iphone, PC, phone, tablet or whatever device you are using. The program will be web based, so the device needs an Internet connection. I'm trying to get the program to work for every device, regardless of the operating system. I also want it to be fully functional for every device. On a PC, you will get a wider screen with perhaps 3 columns and a wide header image, on a small tablet it might be 2 columns with a smaller header image and on a phone the columns will stack one on top of the other so that you still have full functionality without horizontal scrolling.
I will be attempting to have the device load the proper keyboard (text for text fields, numbers for phone...) and it will be able to adapt to the device if you rotate your phone/table for a wider view.

If anyone is interested, I hope to be beta testing this functionality this weekend. Send me a PM and I will reply with a web address for you to check. Don't expect the app to be fully functional. I just want to know if it loads, if the site layout is adjusting to your device, if you can create a user and then login. All information used for testing will be removed from the database once testing is complete. I will reply to any PM's on Saturday with the web address for anyone interested in test driving this app idea.

Thanks!

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    PM, sir.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I have replied to all PMs with some updated features for the App. The feedback has been fantastic and I want to make sure to thank EVERYONE who has taken the time to test drive the app. Updates are posted and PMs sent, so please, if you have the time, have a look and let me know if it blows up! lol

Anyone looking to give this a test drive, just PM me. It will only take a couple minutes to see if it works. The app should work on ANY device that is web enabled, so PC, Android, Iphone, tablets or whatever you test it on just include that in your reply after testing so I can track the bugs.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    PM.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm too! Good job
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    pm
    Thank you for testing. Much appreciated.

Small updates if you don't mind having a look. Once cigars are added to the inventory, the "my profile" page will list those cigars, along with an "Edit" link. The edit will allow users to change the "quantity" count. So if you had 10 Gurkha toro's, you can change that number to 9 if you smoked one, or 20 if you got 10 more. Simply put, you can now change the quantity of any cigar in your inventory whenever you need to.
    The format for listing inventory has changed to fit smaller screen sizes on phones.

Keep in mind that this is just "beta" testing and all records will be removed at some time.

If anyone is interested in Beta testing the app, send me a PM and I will reply with the URL.
    For those already Beta testing, I have sent you all a PM detailing the updates.

PM.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    PM to you sir
    macs-smokes:
    PM to you sir
    Replied
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    PM sent
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Jager44Jager44 Posts: 2
    PM sent
    I want to thank everyone who participated in the "Beta" testing for this partial App.

As if fate had to play a role, I used a program to clean up the code before handing it all in for final grading. When I tried to demo the app in front of the entire class, the damn thing wouldn't work!~! Turns out the cleaning of the code removed the doctype declaration. Even though most pages are .php, they have parts that are HTML and the doctype HAD to be there. The site worked, but did not re-size for any of the mobile devices.
    The good news is that I got it all working and had another opportunity to demo the app. Looks like I'm going to pass that class and with any luck, my graduation will be on the 24th of May.

Once school is over, time permitting of course, I will start adding better navigation, many more features and see if I can turn this thing into something that some of you may end up using. Or not....
    Thanks for letting me help!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    camgfs:
    I want to thank everyone who participated in the "Beta" testing for this partial App.

As if fate had to play a role, I used a program to clean up the code before handing it all in for final grading. When I tried to demo the app in front of the entire class, the damn thing wouldn't work!~! Turns out the cleaning of the code removed the doctype declaration. Even though most pages are .php, they have parts that are HTML and the doctype HAD to be there. The site worked, but did not re-size for any of the mobile devices.
    The good news is that I got it all working and had another opportunity to demo the app. Looks like I'm going to pass that class and with any luck, my graduation will be on the 24th of May.

Once school is over, time permitting of course, I will start adding better navigation, many more features and see if I can turn this thing into something that some of you may end up using. Or not....
    "Once school is over" LOL