Home Non Cigar Related

My WTF for the day

I'm sitting in the emergency room for the second time in less then 24 hrs with my son. I hate when my kids r sick and there's nothing I can do to make it better. Oh wel just needed to vent.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You're sitting with your son while he is sick. Nothing more can be asked of you.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I feel for you... sick kids are the worst because you can do little to improve their situation. And ERs suck because they are ERs. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    There's really nothing good that can be said about a a sick kid in the ER, I hope he gets better. And you're a good dad.

If there is any bright side, at least you're not in there on New Year's Eve or the 4th of July. I had to do NYE with my son once. They were crazy busy. I saw people with appendages at odd angles who were given an ice pack and told to wait. I'm sure they were triaged, but I didn't want to look at them! Stick 'em behind a curtain! To make matters worse, my son's giant head wound didn't need stitches after all; it just looked like it did because there was so much swelling pushing the wound open, but it was mostly a surface scratch and the skin wasn't really that damaged. What a waste of an evening that was.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Thanks guys. It seems to be a viral infection possibly mono. Martel a lot of truth to that. I'd hate to be there on NYE. Last night seemed like it was the night for DWI accidents and psych patients. They were able to give him 2ltr. Of IV fluids. We're gonna catch a few hrs of shut eye then it's off to an appt w his PCP
    Dehydration sucks. Hope he feels better, usually those fluids help. So does sleep.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    You're sitting with your son while he is sick. Nothing more can be asked of you.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Thanks for the support everyone. Just a quick update my boys fever has just about gone. He has started eating just a little bit. He does seem quite a bit better. Hanks again everyone.
    Great news! Hope the rest of the recovery goes quickly.