Home Non Cigar Related

Japanese/Thai/Indian etc. beers...

HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
Rain's sake thread got me thinking about this: I only drink these types of imported beers whenever I am at that type of restaurant. i.e. I never buy or drink a Kirin unless I'm at a Japanese/sushi restaurant, same with Kingfisher at an Indian restaurant etc. Same with sake - I don't even think about it unless I'm at a sushi joint.

I'm not even sure that I like those beers that much, but it just seems like I need to order them as part of the whole dining experience. I couldn't imagine getting a Heineken, Miller Lite or a whiskey while eating sushi, Indian or Thai food. Anyone else do this?

Comments

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I enjoy beer with my meal... and if I can keep to the area of the cuisine even better... Bud Lite no way... there are wonderful beers that I am sure I need to sample with a meal. (IMHO Bud Lite is just a brown water bottle)
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I'm the same way! I drink Kirin or Asahi maybe 3 times a year, and always with sushi
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    When in Rome....... Do what the Romans do.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    All the time when at a chinese or japanese place; an Asahi or Ichiban hits the spot. That said, American or Belgian monk microbrews are where its at in the cutting edge of flavorful beer
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beer has overwhelmed the national drink everywhere in the world. There is more beer than wine drunk in Italy, more beer than saki in Japan, more beer than vodka, more beer than pulque, more beer than you name it anywhere period.

Beer beer, the convivial brew
    The more you drink the friendlier you

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)