Home General Discussion

Baddest, Strongest, Fullest, Highest Power Smoke You've had!

AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
As a fan of Ultra Power stogies, I am always looking for ones I have not tried. I was recently introduced to the Diesel by Randy (Rain). Wow, impressive! Let me know which are your favorite power sticks!
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Not my favorite, but I had one pvnisher...ouch. I had just started smoking and thought my lips were chapped or something.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try some La Flor Dominicana's... the colorado knocked me on my butt, so did the cameroon cabinet chisel.

Tatuaje Fausto is a gpod, earthy powerhouse.

Joya de Nicaragua dark corojo "strong as balls"

edit: I remembered another. Although not as strong as some of the others, Jaime Garica Reserva Especials are quite full flavored and pretty strong when fresh. I have turned green smoking one before. Theu age great and remain very flavorful, yet smooth out a little. Very good smoke. Rich, earthy, cocoa, and lots of smoke.

One more, Camacho Triple Maduro. I think it was kuzi who described it as "refined power" and I think that nails it. Definitely full flavor, and you can feel the power near the end, but it is a balanced, smoother smoke. I am smoking one now, and they are just really damn good.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    JDN DC is a sure contender... Your eyes will start to droop and you'll feel a little buzz. Another one is the Cu-Avana Intenso original. That sucker knocked me OUT!
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I will agree with the jdn dark. I will also note that this cigar has a lot of flavor to go with that power. The regular jdn is also a very good and balanced cigar in my opinion. Both are worth a shot.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Keep the recommendations coming! Some I've had, some not! I'm taking notes!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Jim, you you know that I am not a big fan of strong and overly strong cigar but I will drop a name because you have asked- Warlock blended by Omar Ortez. However, it has good flavors and aroma. It has a strong and zesty sun- grown Ecuadorian Criollo wrapper, Nicaraguan Binder with Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers. Omar used a lot of ligero in it.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    IMO, it is better than JDN Dark Antano in terms of balanced flavors and aroma with decent complexity.
    rzaman:
    Jim, you you know that I am not a big fan of strong and overly strong cigar but I will drop a name because you have asked- Warlock blended by Omar Ortez. However, it has good flavors and aroma. It has a strong and zesty sun- grown Ecuadorian Criollo wrapper, Nicaraguan Binder with Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers. Omar used a lot of ligero in it.
    Thanks, sounds awesome! I don't like them all the time but every now and again, I need a kick! A good time to pull one out is after a marathon herf... after the taste buds are just about shot! I really like a stong cigar in the sense of strength, flavor, and aroma.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Swisher sweets or black and milds always knock me for a loop. Haha
    Rail Jockey:
    Swisher sweets or black and milds always knock me for a loop. Haha
    ahhhh, thanks? You forgot Backwoods and Dutch Masters!
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Camacho tripple Maduro is a beast! or a Cain F or NUB Dub. these two are just a consitant BAM of ass knocking the whole time
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    The Opus #5 killed me on an empty stomach. The Opus **** Power Ranger kicked me in the face on a full stomach. Last summer I thought it might be a good idea to try a Tat M80 on a fairly empty stomach....after going for a jog. REALLY bad idea. After that, I was on the couch with a cold, wet cloth on my head for about 15 min.
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Rain:
    Not my favorite, but I had one pvnisher...ouch. I had just started smoking and thought my lips were chapped or something.
    Lol! My same story except I had a Gurhka Titan and man, I felt dizzy! I kept thinking, "I have got to get rid of these!"
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CuAvana Intensus is a good one. And don't forget My Father.
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    Rocky Patel The Edge is pretty potent. Make sure you eat first. Then smoke it real slow.
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    bwcarter54:
    Rocky Patel The Edge is pretty potent. Make sure you eat first. Then smoke it real slow.
    +1
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    My Father 1922 Le Bijou
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    My Father 1922 Le Bijou
    + 1,,
    though i do have couple Litto Gomez small batch smokes that i havent tried yet.
    Agree with the JDN, as stated,, its a contender
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I had a Padilla 1932 a couple of years ago, the flavors were so intense I couldn't take it and had to put it down less than half way through. Way over my head. Don't know if that was a consistant profile for them or just my experience.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    The Cain Double FF was an ass-kicker, to me at least.
    Light 'em up.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    +1 I had a punisher and could only make it barelay to th 1st 1/3rd
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Punch Bareknuckle ROTT-kicked my butt.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I've had the CAO LX2 kick me in the pills once.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    The Padilla Reserva madro double knocks me on my butt. It has a great flavor too. Give me a call and Ill bring you a couple.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    curtpick:
    My Father 1922 Le Bijou
    + 1,,
    though i do have couple Litto Gomez small batch smokes that i havent tried yet.
    Agree with the JDN, as stated,, its a contender
    The MF LB 1922 is definitely one of the best stronger cigars on the market. I find the petite robusto (4.5x50) to be very enjoyable...it's slow burning, so I usually get about 45 minutes out of them. The larger vitolas are great as well...after a meal of course. The MOW Puro Authentico is also one of my favorite pepper bombs. I'm not a big RP fan, but the Edge Corojo is great. Don't overlook the Camacho Corojo. It's known for its strength, but it's also very balanced. The original JDN Anta

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    When I was newer to the hobby I had a La Gloria Cubana Serie R after work that did some damage.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    I tried a punisher and had to put it out. Now mind you I smoke LFD DL-700's by the box! That punisher was brutle lips and tongue were tingling like crazy!!!
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Friday I had a Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro and it kicked my butt! It was after working out, had a protein shake and then went sit out in the sun with my stogie and a book. I started feeling weak on the final third, so I went inside and had to lay on the floor with a cool wet rag on my head.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    I've had the CAO LX2 kick me in the pills once.
    x2 on that one!! and once in morning on a summer day and hadnt eaten yet was a rp 1961, took a couple hours to come off that one. the lx2 i had to put down before half way
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stsepas:
    I tried a punisher and had to put it out. Now mind you I smoke LFD DL-700's by the box! That punisher was brutle lips and tongue were tingling like crazy!!!
    love em once you get past the pepper on the lips and tongue it's a great smoke.