Home General Discussion

Need your opinion!

Incredibly new to the cigar world but im looking for a few really good not so popular brand cigars any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!

Help me out here a little, what do you mean by not so popular? Better yet, what brands have you already heard of?

Also, what's really good to me, you might not like at all. Do you remember any kind of cigar you've smoked that you really enjoyed? What sort of cigars are lookig for (spicy, smooth, maduros, ...) ?

sorry to answer your questions with questions, haha.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Welcome to the forum,
    what have you smoked? There is a great deal of trial and error. Everyone has different taste, and often times that changes with time and how often you smoke. It's hard to suggest something without a basis. Throw some ideas out and the forum will point you in the right direction.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to the Forum,
    I like to ask if you like coffee? if so I like CAO Gold. That is a easy intro... Others will say 5 Vegas Gold, I like Roly too.
  • yeah i do ive had both of those, thanks
  • even being new ive triend many different brands and srengths, and so far i like most. i dont have a very specific taste.
  • thanks! im not very picky right now ive enjoyed montecristos to rocky patel and padron. im looking for more under the radar brands that most people would over look
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    pokerstar22:
    thanks! im not very picky right now ive enjoyed montecristos to rocky patel and padron. im looking for more under the radar brands that most people would over look
    your best bet there is to grab everything you can at your local shop (I look for those boxes that are full and have an older date that they arrived) or grab samplers online.
  • thanks thats what ive been doing mostly.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    pokerstar22:
    thanks thats what ive been doing mostly.
    dont be afraid to smoke what some will call a dog rocket, I have found some I like even though other hate them. Puros Indios being one of them.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, under the radar brands... vega fina have some good ones, although I dont hear about them much. Camacho has a line called legendario which are very good, and i dont see them a lot. I really cant think of many more, usually when a cigar is good it has a following! Those are just a couple that I personally dont hear alot about.

If you have a local shop, see if they have some house blends.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    When you are starting out with this hobby it's not like something you can just take word of mouth...literally it's about YOUR tastes and being that no two people are alike in their tastes it's about discovering what it is that YOU like. It is about your journey and some of the things you should be aware of is terminology about cigars. Usually, it begins with an intro to mild cigars and you can start with complex tastes or those types that are a minimum of complexity with more tobacco flavor. Work your way up the ladder to medium and finally to full and even then there is some difference. Know that as you work your way up your tastes will change...it's just a fact. After you've been at this for awhile then you can kind of work your appetite towards cigars that find your taste profile. Enjoy your journey.
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    I think going to your local spot is a good start. There is going to be a ton of stuff there. Maybe get a catalog form C.com and look at the pictures and deals that pop up in there. You might like the look of some and just trigger from there.
    As for "under the radar" I think what you mean the are the ones that are more rare or hard to come by. There are several great lines that are built a little bit different with different sizes. Most connoisseurs are gonna **** them up as soon as they hit the shelves. Again like most have stated its personal when it comes to your taste. There are some common grounds of what we all like , but choose others on a regular basis because of what each stick offers.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    No suggestions, but if you are really a poker star we play poker on Wednesday nights.....feel free to hit up the thread and join us: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/31/621577/ShowThread.aspx#621577
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    No suggestions, but if you are really a poker star we play poker on Wednesday nights.....feel free to hit up the thread and join us: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/31/621577/ShowThread.aspx#621577
    FO SHAME!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    pokerstar22:
    Incredibly new to the cigar world but im looking for a few really good not so popular brand cigars any help would be much appreciated. thanks
    So what have you smoked this last month?
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    brianetz1:
    FO SHAME!
    Yes come play poker please, and it's Tuesday nights as of right now.
  • pokerstar22pokerstar22 Posts: 62
    kinda been all over this month, ive had an ave maria, black market, a torano and a hair of the dog to name a few.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    pokerstar22:
    kinda been all over this month, ive had an ave maria, black market, a torano and a hair of the dog to name a few.
    Sounds like you'll fit in just fine around here. Try them all.
  • pokerstar22pokerstar22 Posts: 62
    i plan to! and thanks
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Cuba Libre Ones, CuAvana Intensus, Fonseca Ariana are good under the radar smokes and cheap.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Elogio
    ... if you can find them
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Joya de Nicaragua Celebration. I'm not sure if this fits your category, it has become pretty popular around here since kuzi brought it up awhile back. If you haven't met kuzi yet, he is kind of like cigar.com's version of yoda.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pokerstar22:
    I can recommend Four Kicks and Headly Grange. Also Elogio. Those come to mind as ones I have tried that are off the beaten path just a bit.