Home General Discussion

Zombie Supershots????

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/17026

From the article:
"It's a mash-up of my Zombie line, which came out two years ago, and the Supershot," said Farkas, adding that the blend is far closer to the Zombie line in character than it is to the original Supershot brand.
-----------------
I really liked the original Supershots when they came out in 2012.
And the 2013 criollos are pretty dang good too ... (I haven't tried the "new" corojo wrapper yet but have heard good things)

And I never had a Zombie, but I liked the other "monsters" I've smoked --- 1 full size Mummy and all the Little Monsters were good...

So, I want to be excited for these ....
I really do.

But something about them just seems a little bit too over the top, too gimmicky. Just a little too much of a stretch, IMHO. I think the Zombie theme has been run into the ground by pop-culture these past couple years ... Zombie movies, TV, books, merchandise, survival kits, handgun ammo, etc
It's been overplayed .... let it go already.
I know the Supershots were very successful and on one hand I'm glad this will give me a chance to get "more" .... but quite frankly, I don't know if I'll bite. I'd have much rather seen a second batch of "regular" super shots released instead of yet another small batch, single release Viaje blend .... and on top of that this just screams: "hey guys look, I'm jumping back on the Zombie bandwagon, buy this product!!!!"

I hope it's a good cigar .... a part of me wants to try them .... but a part of me wants to avoid them, because if these sell like hot cakes, I'm worried about what will be next "Vampire shots" .... give me a freakin' break.

What do you guys think?
Am I being too critical?
Anybody who's had the original Zombie and Supershots --- think this will make for a good mix?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    The monster series was tatuaje, the zombies are viaje. Totally different. I will be picking these up...but I am a viaje ****
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    The monster series was tatuaje, the zombies are viaje. Totally different. I will be picking these up...but I am a viaje ****
    Whoa!!!
    Did not know that ---- I thought the Zombies were Tatuaje ... to go along with the "monster" line.

I knew the Supershots were Viaje though ... damn I can't keep all these limited, small batch HTF blends straight --- especially when their themes all get mashed together.
    Thanks for clarifying, Trident .... (guess I look like the *** hole)

Hmm .... let us know how they smoke though. I wonder if this will turn into a yearly release.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your point still stands... i ignore 70% of all htf offerings and lines. Lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:

(I haven't tried the "new" corojo wrapper yet but have heard good things)

I thought this to be interesting.....LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    I really liked the original Supershots when they came out in 2012.....
    And I never had a Zombie,
    interesting....
    i am the inverse of that. i liked the ZOMBIE and never had the Supershots.

either way i am looking forward to this cigar. Viaje has impressed me lately. more so than they used to.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    interesting....

either way i am looking forward to this cigar. Viaje has impressed me lately. more so than they used to.
    Interesting
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I'm also gonna be on the lookout for these my only question is are these gonna be widely available, I'm also a fan of the Super shots age did them some good a great 35-45 min smoke
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    define "widely available"
    viaje doesnt really have "regular production"
    their entire concept is "nothing but LEs"
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I too enjoyed the zombie, and have not tried the supersots. I think I might look for these
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    interesting....

Awesome write up Kuzi. After reading the review, I'm a little more tempted to want one.

Still wish there would be more regular Supershots (or maybe regular Zombies?) before he goes spinning off more LEs, just my opinion though.

(and shoot me a PM if you want to try a couple supershots...)

MVW67:
    jgibv:

(I haven't tried the "new" corojo wrapper yet but have heard good things)

I thought this to be interesting.....LOL
    Shouldn't you be on the golf course ??!?

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    kuzi16:
    define "widely available"
    viaje doesnt really have "regular production"
    their entire concept is "nothing but LEs"
    Well not a one or two store exclusive, hopefully the b&m that I go to in Orange County gets them in