Home Non Cigar Related

Navigation within a thread.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking up Headly Grange to see if someone had posted anything about this cigar. I found something in the “whatcha smokin tonight” thread. I wanted to see if there was any reply to the question, "How was it?". But when I click on "see entire thread", it's BIG. Is there a way to zero in on a specific date in that long long thread? I’m looking to see if there was a reply to that specific post that I found through the keyword search. But to scroll through months of posts on this popular thread would take too long. Any Ideas? (Keyword search didn't bring up the reply either. I'm aware that there may not have been a reply but I'd still like to know if I can isolate and view a particular date on a voluminous thread.)

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I was looking up Headly Grange to see if someone had posted anything about this cigar. I found something in the “whatcha smokin tonight” thread. I wanted to see if there was any reply to the question, "How was it?". But when I click on "see entire thread", it's BIG. Is there a way to zero in on a specific date in that long long thread? I’m looking to see if there was a reply to that specific post that I found through the keyword search. But to scroll through months of posts on this popular thread would take too long. Any Ideas? (Keyword search didn't bring up the reply either. I'm aware that there may not have been a reply but I'd still like to know if I can isolate and view a particular date on a voluminous thread.)

I run into this problem too, especially when doing exactly as you did and looking for reviews... Here's what I do:

Search and it takes you to a specific post --> click on the post to view--> if that post is in a non-related thread (like whatcha smoking...) and only has a couple relevant posts, look at the date of the relevant post that the search turned up... then scroll through the thread to find that date.

I admit, this may take a long time in the THOUSANDS of pages in the whatcha smoking thread, but for most threads, there are only 10's of pages at the most, and it's easy to find the time/date-stamp you are looking for. I have not found a better way yet, but this works for me and I don't spend too long searching around before I find what I need
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Thanks. I wonder why the headly grange thread didn't turn up when I keyword searched headly grange?

Thanks. It was last November. Would take too long. Oh well. Not that big a deal.
    Gray4lines:
    Bob Luken:

I run into this problem too, especially when doing exactly as you did and looking for reviews... Here's what I do:

Search and it takes you to a specific post --> click on the post to view--> if that post is in a non-related thread (like whatcha smoking...) and only has a couple relevant posts, look at the date of the relevant post that the search turned up... then scroll through the thread to find that date.

I admit, this may take a long time in the THOUSANDS of pages in the whatcha smoking thread, but for most threads, there are only 10's of pages at the most, and it's easy to find the time/date-stamp you are looking for. I have not found a better way yet, but this works for me and I don't spend too long searching around before I find what I need
    Thanks. It was last November. Would take too long. Oh well. Not that big a deal.
    Bob Luken:
    Gray4lines:
    Bob Luken:

Yes. Yes it would. Lol!
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Gray4lines:

For the threads with more than 10-15 pages it's easier for me to manually change the thread page. It still takes guesswork, but much easier than clicking through a thread. If you look at the address below the number 61 is the thread page number so if you change that to 10 it will take you to page 10 of the same thread.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/61/96907/ShowThread.aspx#96907
    bbass2:
    Gray4lines:

For the threads with more than 10-15 pages it's easier for me to manually change the thread page. It still takes guesswork, but much easier than clicking through a thread. If you look at the address below the number 61 is the thread page number so if you change that to 10 it will take you to page 10 of the same thread.

Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to tell me but when I "got it" a big smile came on my face. Thanks bbass2. I really appreciate it.

bbass2:
    Gray4lines:

Ahhh, good tip!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Bob Luken:
    bbass2:
    Gray4lines:

Eureka! :) Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to tell me but when I "got it" a big smile came on my face. Thanks bbass2. I really appreciate it.

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Bob Luken:
    bbass2:
    Gray4lines:

Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to tell me but when I "got it" a big smile came on my face. Thanks bbass2. I really appreciate it.

Try this again:
    :)