Home General Discussion

CF follow-up (non event related...sadly personal stuff)

bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
Hey, I just walked in the door. Another CF Weekend beyond description!! Drive was quite slow, lots of construction...but i made it...and no problems with customs @ the border. Sadly though, there is a note left on the table for me from one of my dad's helpers, telling me my dad was taken to hospital by ambulance as he was cold, disoriented and having a lot of trouble breathing. Not sure when...but the addendum to it says that he has pneumonia, bad bladder infection and 'what seems to be something else'....wtf does that mean? Guess i wont know anything more til later this morning. Atleast it is Monday, so technically it hasnt spoiled an what WAS an amazing weekend. Will try to post some highlights, refelctions and an update when i can. Keep me in your thoughts please.

Comments

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    There is some irony in the weather from this weekend to my new situation. Thursday, when i left, it was a warm day..literally as i was seconds from crossing the Rainbow Bridge to the US, my dad phoned my cell to clarify a few things. I kid you not, my phone was in my hand as i was powering it down. Then the sun on the trip was so-so...thursday night, sleeping in the car was a tad chilly, but i survived. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were perfect, full sun, great gentle breezes, allowing me to relax with great people. Finished the weekend off @ Hamburg Superstore with a few friends, before we parted ways.

The drive home was relatively good, unexpected traffic and construction slowed me down..but generally no major issues. Then about an hour before the border, the rains started, it was also about the time i started to think about the week, and what i have on my plate this week. Then i missed the Lewiston bridge exit, as it was pouring like a son of a gun...wipers couldnt keep up. Rains slowed slightly as i crossed the border. Then it was pouring hard most of the rest of the 2.5 hours. Just as i was getting into Elmira, the rains let up. I got out of the car, and said to myself, (as I ceremonially stamped out the remains of my first MOW Skull Crusher, bought by a friend @ the Super-store, as a parting gift) and i was also thinking 'give me the strength to deal with what i need to do.' (In case you didnt know, I have had a few challenges this year, as my mom had a stroke 3 weeks ago, my dad is in a wheelchair and needs a lot of help, and my sister in law passed away from cancer in February....and i wont get into my issues of the last 2 years.)

While i stood in the driveway doing that...the skies opened up...almost soaking me instantly. Then i went into my parents house, dripping wet... to find that note. Guess it is very true....'when it rains..it pours!' But i also KNOW, that it cant rain forever...i hope, atleast!

I am not looking for any sympathy, just needed to vent. All i am asking for is for is to please keep me in your thoughts.

Thanks...bearb is ooout!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this man, but keep your head up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hope everything is okay with your pops and things get better for you and your family. Hang in there bro.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Barry. I'm praying for you as I type this. Let us know how things go
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Your in our thoughts here Barry! Keep us updated.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry too hear this...your family will be in my thoughts
    Money can't buy taste
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your issues. I hope it all works out.

• curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there man.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Hang in there brother, you and your family are in our thougts.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers out to you bro!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Will be saying a prayer for you and your family.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Thoughts and prayers r with you. Hope all is well
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope your dad gets to feeling better.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Hope everything turns out all right
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stay strong brother lots of prayers and possitive thoughts headed your way.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Had a blast hanging out at the fest, it was good to see you again.
    Keeping you and yours in my thoughts, Barry.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Brother Barry I am glad I got to me up with you at CF. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Luke