Home General Discussion

My travel humi...

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
So, I leave tomorrow for JRTC, its basically a month in the field. This is what I am taking with me in my travel humidor:

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    **** JRTC. Get back soon bro.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good Tony! Hurry back..
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Much love for the Obsidian ...... I <3 them too Tony.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Rain:

You're at Fort Hood Rain? Me too! Damn, wish I had noticed that sooner, do you frequent any of the B&M's here?

kingjk729:
    Much love for the Obsidian ...... I

Oh man King, I had my first one a couple of weeks ago and I was blown away. I just did not expect that much wow factor out of such an affordable stick. I immediately ordered a box of the mini coronas. It came with a PDR sampler that had the two toros in it, I am really hoping they are as good as the coronas.
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Is it just me or is there a ton of dead space in that black box?????/
    armaes8:
    Is it just me or is there a ton of dead space in that black box?????/

Yeah, there kind of is. The slots are set up to take Churchills, but they aren't long enough for two robos. I thought about taking out the inserts and then just piling cigars in, but once a few of them get smoked I'm afraid of the rest banging around in there. It will be in one of my bags, and being handled gently isn't really a realistic expectation for the baggage.
    I have been to the Cigar Box in Killeen and then the one in Heights, can't remember it's name.
    Yeah, Stetson Cigar. It kind of sucks that the only way into the lounge area is to become a member, though. I think the Cigar Box is free to chill at, not sure though. Do you know of any other shops in the area? Neither of them carry Tatuaje or Viaje and I'd really like to find a local place that does.
    Those are the only two that I know of, not counting Specs' limited stock.
    alienmisprint:
    Rain:

You're at Fort Hood Rain? Me too! Damn, wish I had noticed that sooner, do you frequent any of the B&M's here?

kingjk729:

Oh man King, I had my first one a couple of weeks ago and I was blown away. I just did not expect that much wow factor out of such an affordable stick. I immediately ordered a box of the mini coronas. It came with a PDR sampler that had the two toros in it, I am really hoping they are as good as the coronas.

It's funny Tony because of all the vitola's I've had the mini corona is my favorite, with the double perfecto right behind it. I just picked up a box of the Obsidian White Noise.
    I haven't tried the perfecto yet, I guess I need to give them a shot. How are the White Noise?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:

The slots are set up to take Churchills, but they aren't long enough for two robos. I thought about taking out the inserts and then just piling cigars in, but once a few of them get smoked I'm afraid of the rest banging around in there. It will be in one of my bags, and being handled gently isn't really a realistic expectation for the baggage.
    That's why Fuente makes the Short Story. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    alienmisprint:
    I haven't tried the perfecto yet, I guess I need to give them a shot. How are the White Noise?

I'll let you know later as I am firing up the first one a little later.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see someone likes his Cores and Obsidians and with those Diesels thrown in looks like a great full body collection.
    Sorry I didn't have a chance to post last night. I sat outside on a beautiful night and enjoyed my first Obsidian White Noise. I was very impressed with the amount of pepper in this stick and tons of smoke. It was smooth for being so peppery and I picked up some leather as well. All in all I was very impressed and its a great add to the Obsidian name.image
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Very cool, been wondering about these. Thanks!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Rain:

kingjk729:

the mini corona is my favorite stick, its so much more complex than any other size. Enjoy and be safe man