Home General Discussion

Heading to Cigar Safari!

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
I got the invite to the Cigar Safari media trip about 6 weeks ago... it was a complete shock to say the least... So I am headed down to Nica on Tuesday to tour the Drew Estate facilities and (i think) the Joya de Nicaragua facilities as well...

I am totally excited for the trip! I'm gonna go into sponge mode and try to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can... beyond that, I don't really know what to expect... have any of you been on CigarSafari before?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds awesome!! Tell us all about it when you come back!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Wish I was going with ya. Take lots of pics for us Rob.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Awesome, have tons of fun and smoke lots and take more pictures.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cenizas largas consigo amigo.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I've read reviews of ppl who have gone and all I can say is, enjoy you lucky sob!!! One day, gonna try to make that trip!!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome bro. May the force be with you.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Totally cool... jealous envious and such .. but so cool too... have fun
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You da man Rob! Have a great time.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    i checked on going but they are sold out for the next few months....next year im going to try to go....everything i have seen on the web about that looks amazing.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to go but wife was paranoid of the area. JD tried to convince her, he already had me at hello. Enjoy Rob....meet up with Rip if you can!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Bigshizza:
    Wanted to go but wife was paranoid of the area. JD tried to convince her, he already had me at hello. Enjoy Rob....meet up with Rip if you can!
    it's funny, my wife was trepidatious at first... but the family she works for has a security firm on retainer so she called them... they are VERY wary of Americans going to central america, but said Nica was one of the safer countries as long as you avoid some specific areas... luckily, we're avoiding them...

so yes Gents, I am pumped... there will be TONS of pics and posts... I'll try to be on instagram a lot when i am there... and I'm sure I'll have a ton to post when I get back... I hear the ice cubes are made from bottled water!!!
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    robbyras:
    Bigshizza:
    it's funny, my wife was trepidatious at first... but the family she works for has a security firm on retainer so she called them... they are VERY wary of Americans going to central america, but said Nica was one of the safer countries as long as you avoid some specific areas... luckily, we're avoiding them...

so yes Gents, I am pumped... there will be TONS of pics and posts... I'll try to be on instagram a lot when i am there... and I'm sure I'll have a ton to post when I get back... I hear the ice cubes are made from bottled water!!!
    This is awesome man congrats. My fianc
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Sweet!!! Make sure to preserve the trip in pictures (to share with us)!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A church I used to belong to did a mission trip there once. They wee there for 3 months. They loved the the people there. But it's sad to hear how bad the poverty is in some areas. They came back and said that if you can flush a toilet and not know where it goes or flip a switch and magically have a light come on then you are rich.
    packing my bags for the trip... only 4 days but it looks like sunny with Thunderstorms... doesn't make for easy packing...

Unfortunately I am going to my Uncle's funeral tomorrow morning... firs time I've ever been a Pallbearer... so it's a sad day, but I'm also leaving on a super exciting trip... yeah, it's polarizing... but I'll take tons of pics and try to post some while I'm down there... If not, I'll update you all next week!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Bigshizza:

the DE factory is awesome. and JD gives good tours.

have a good time. you will be safe i assure you. DE is a great place to visit. the view from the pool area is awesome.

my wife never put a second thought to going when we went. she was like "im in"

JD was SUPPOSED to renew our vows on the trip but we ran out of time.
    he owes me one wedding, and i plan on collecting some day.
    have a great trip.
    I am still envious... but very happy to see someone who will appreciate the trip on it... have fun and let the good times roll... may your pilot be able to give you a smooth flight too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Have a great time Rob. Be safe, smoke often, and enjoy the well deserved trip.
    Just got back last night... trip home was a long one for me so I;m taking it easy today... what a trip! I'll give you guys all the details in the coming weeks so for now I'll just say this... if you get a chance to go on this trip, GO! It will change your cigar life... nothing short of amazing!

Keep an eye out for the Kentucky Fire Cured from DE in the near future... I smoked one of the upcoming releases out there but was sworn to secrecy...
    Sounds too cool.. and if I can talk Momma into going I'm there... looking forward to the details you are able to share. Kentucky Fried Cured? Gotta get some to try of course. Glad that you are home safely.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    robbyras:
    Just got back last night... trip home was a long one for me so I;m taking it easy today... what a trip! I'll give you guys all the details in the coming weeks so for now I'll just say this... if you get a chance to go on this trip, GO! It will change your cigar life... nothing short of amazing!

Keep an eye out for the Kentucky Fire Cured from DE in the near future... I smoked one of the upcoming releases out there but was sworn to secrecy...
    Man that's great, definitely a bucket list kind of trip
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Robby, I didn't realize that you were in Nicaragua until now. Hope you enjoyed your trip. Looking forward to read your adventure. I love this country.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    It will change your cigar life... nothing short of amazing!

truer words have never been spoken.
    i cant wait to hear about it.