Home Non Cigar Related

Job interview

ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
Sitting on my porch nubbing the new bueso cigar and out of the blue I get a call for an analyst position for the parks and tourism department I'n AR. So Monday I have my self an interview. Exciting time for me and I'm glad to see my last two years getting an MPA are not useless. Always nice to see the resume catching eyes.

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Congratulations and good luck
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Good luck and keep trying. Finding a job is a lot more painful than it used to be.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Good luck!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job!! Good luck!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Good luck. And that is a good surprise.
  • Congrats! I wish I could get an interview. 4 months of nothing.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    mattpelter:
    Congrats! I wish I could get an interview. 4 months of nothing.
    I'm sort-of in the same boat. Just finished my last college exam yesterday and no replies from any of the companies that I have sent my resume. I wish you the best of luck in finding the right job.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I also finished my degree... but am not even looking for a different job at the moment... if it falls into my lap then I might be looking... but I can make enough to be happy as it is. Money doesn't buy happiness... nor can it buy taste (love that signature). Good luck on the interviews and job search.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    I also finished my degree... but am not even looking for a different job at the moment... if it falls into my lap then I might be looking... but I can make enough to be happy as it is. Money doesn't buy happiness... nor can it buy taste (love that signature). Good luck on the interviews and job search.
    Thanks for all the well wishes every one. Mac your right I just need enough for me, and my family and some to plan for the future. Cant take it with me!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    good luck on the interview, I'm finishing my MPA in June, was lucky enough to find a program I could do and keep my job. Not looking forward to the job hunt after I'm done.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Job hunting stinks. I've been at it for 13 months. I used to have a spreadsheet of everything I'd applied for in my field, but quit when it got to 100 contacts. I never put anything on it if I wasn't contacted by the employer. If the only contact was me sending a resume, it didn't make the list.

In the last year, I've traveled (at least it's been on their dime) from Florida to Oregon, and from the Mexican Border to the Canadian Border, and many parts in-between. I turned down one offer and thought I was a shoe-in for two others that crumbled around me for different reasons. Saw some great places and met some great people, but I'm exhausted. Finding a job is hard work. Now I'm considering sticking with my part-time job just so I don't have to do this for a while.

Sorry to threadjack, but I'm feeling pretty awful right now. For some reason today is just not a good day inside my head. I still have some prospects, but I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. I get more personal interviews than other guys I know looking. I must have a great resume and give a good phone/Skype interview. I know my references are great. But I never seem to close the deal. Oh well, $20 an hour for 30 hours/week max and no benefits ain't bad compared to no work at all, especially when I like the job.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Job hunting stinks. I've been at it for 13 months. I used to have a spreadsheet of everything I'd applied for in my field, but quit when it got to 100 contacts. I never put anything on it if I wasn't contacted by the employer. If the only contact was me sending a resume, it didn't make the list.

In the last year, I've traveled (at least it's been on their dime) from Florida to Oregon, and from the Mexican Border to the Canadian Border, and many parts in-between. I turned down one offer and thought I was a shoe-in for two others that crumbled around me for different reasons. Saw some great places and met some great people, but I'm exhausted. Finding a job is hard work. Now I'm considering sticking with my part-time job just so I don't have to do this for a while.

Sorry to threadjack, but I'm feeling pretty awful right now. For some reason today is just not a good day inside my head. I still have some prospects, but I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. I get more personal interviews than other guys I know looking. I must have a great resume and give a good phone/Skype interview. I know my references are great. But I never seem to close the deal. Oh well, $20 an hour for 30 hours/week max and no benefits ain't bad compared to no work at all, especially when I like the job.
    Damn Eric I wanted you guys to be my neighbor... :(
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Martel:

Damn Eric I wanted you guys to be my neighbor... :(
    Woulda been nice, Jim. Woulda been nice. Still shaking my head over how that one played out.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.