Home General Discussion

Price jump

Just heard from the B&M that I go to there price just went to $16.50 on feral pigs. Wow $2.00 in two weeks

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there a new tax law passed or something? Or is it just that one store decided to bump up prices?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    NH doesn't have any tax on cigars and pipe tobacco just a jump from what I understand
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Wowzer. Supply and Demand my friends.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Stsepas:
    Just heard from the B&M that I go to there price just went to $16.50 on feral pigs. Wow $2.00 in two weeks
    Obama bro. Sorry.What? I could not resist.
    Yup good old Barry O
    Stsepas:
    NH doesn't have any tax on cigars and pipe tobacco just a jump from what I understand
    From what I have seen, NH has a 48% wholesale tax on cigars.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigars like everything else is bound to start going up. Transportation is really starting to get expensive.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Stsepas:

Its super low in NH. Jon Drew pumped up the prices.... laughing all the way to the bank. So many better sticks for half the price IMO
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Gray4lines:
    Stsepas:

Its super low in NH. Jon Drew pumped up the prices.... laughing all the way to the bank. So many better sticks for half the price IMO
    Definetly makes you want to patronize the companies that stay true to their pricing and product lines!!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Already overpriced on that stick. Let em have it.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    Vision:
    Gray4lines:
    Stsepas:

Oh, bummer.... and that 48% may not apply to "premium" cigars. I am not sure. Im already priced out of most liga's
    Pete I agree
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Vision:
    Gray4lines:
    Stsepas:

No shh izzle. Give me a break now obama is to blame for the joke of a company and infused sticks from drew infused estates? Enough of the hype behind Liga privada, they keep bending everyone over with insane prices, keep buying it fans, I'm enjoying aged Cubans and the best NCs for less than that. Its Obama though. Damn him. End sarcasm.
    I agree with you guys. I like to stay $8.00 and under. My daily smokes I try to stay around $5.00-$6.00
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obama proposed a 93 cent tax increase per pack, and corresponding sin tax increases on other tobacco. Claims he wants to fund pre schools, cause that strategy hasn't already failed so miserably with Head Start. His proposal hasn't passed yet. Would approximately double tobacco taxes. Already raised the sin tax from IIRC 34 cents to a buck and change, so has already tripled this tax.

Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. tax. Tax. tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. tax. Tax. tax. Tax. Tax.

I remember reading that back in the days of Louis 14th, a monarch who taxed more than 4% was headed for misery.

Anyways, the tax hasn't passed yet.

A whole raft of new state taxes have, though. In nearby Merryland, they hit you with 70% tax on baccy.

All for your own good.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    Vision:
    Gray4lines:
    Stsepas:

No shh izzle. Give me a break now obama is to blame for the joke of a company and infused sticks from drew infused estates? Enough of the hype behind Liga privada, they keep bending everyone over with insane prices, keep buying it fans, I'm enjoying aged Cubans and the best NCs for less than that. Its Obama though. Damn him. End sarcasm.
    ....How about any Cuban over Liga. A box of 10 Liga Pigs for $165 or a box of 25 Ramon Allones Specially Selected Robusto for $175..... I wonder which I would choose........Actually... there is no wondering.... CC baby.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Obama proposed a 93 cent tax increase per pack, and corresponding sin tax increases on other tobacco. Claims he wants to fund pre schools, cause that strategy hasn't already failed so miserably with Head Start. His proposal hasn't passed yet. Would approximately double tobacco taxes. Already raised the sin tax from IIRC 34 cents to a buck and change, so has already tripled this tax.

Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. tax. Tax. tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. Tax. tax. Tax. tax. Tax. Tax.

I remember reading that back in the days of Louis 14th, a monarch who taxed more than 4% was headed for misery.

A whole raft of new state taxes have, though. In nearby Merryland, they hit you with 70% tax on baccy.

All for your own good.
    Just wait until Ccom is forced to start charging sales taxes.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:

How can you defend him? After he sent Hurricane Sandy just because he was jealous of the attention "W" got for Katrina? And let's not forget how he wiped out the dinosaurs, and planned 9/11, etc. etc. etc.,............
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    webmost:

All for your own good.
    of course, that IS a good point........
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    gripnrip:
    webmost:

All for your own good.
    That will be a sad day. But it will come