Home Non Cigar Related

Almost there..........2000

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
As I approach the two-thousand post mark, I reflect back on all that has been posted and read.
Good, bad, fun, sad, intelligent and stupid as well.
PS.......
Anyone offended by the word stupid should take a hard look at themselves, the rest of us have nothing be offended about!
I wonder just how long a man can talk about a singular Leif.
Even a great one?
I wonder?
I myself have written notebook after notebook, literally millions of words.
Any input on this subject?
Just curious.

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep rambling and you will be at 2000 post before you know it..lol

Glad to see you posting again bro.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    RBeckom:
    As I approach the two-thousand post mark, I reflect back on all that has been posted and read.
    Good, bad, fun, sad, intelligent and stupid as well.
    PS.......
    Anyone offended by the word stupid should take a hard look at themselves, the rest of us have nothing be offended about!
    I wonder just how long a man can talk about a singular Leif.
    Even a great one?
    I wonder?
    I myself have written notebook after notebook, literally millions of words.
    Any input on this subject?
    Just curious.
    Rodney: I can only say that I have read all of your posts. No more, no less. I am a member of your audience.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:

Thanks just for saying that. Somewhere along the way, people have gotten it into their heads that they have a "right" to never be offended.
    I find that kind of egocentrism offensive.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    RBeckom:

Thanks just for saying that. Somewhere along the way, people have gotten it into their heads that they have a "right" to never be offended.
    Offense is nearly never given; almost always taken. If you don't want it, don't take it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Amos Umwhat:
    RBeckom:

Offense is nearly never given; almost always taken. If you don't want it, don't take it.

Every one should read the words of your post very carefully and stop whatever they may be doing at the time and think.
    Very well written sir!
    Amos Umwhat:
    RBeckom:

Thanks for having my back on this one!
    We have lost way too many good members because of a few ill chosen words.
    A Salute.......

To all the great minds with plenty of wisdom to share lacking only the audience to listen and learn.

Especially the ones who have chosen to no longer participate in this forum.
    Friends one and all.
    Tick tock time passes and the post count rises.
    Inch by inch I crawl towards my goal.
    As I no longer smoke myself I will figure out the dumbest game ever devised and the winner will receive something just about as dumb.
    All in good sport as I hope it shall be taken.

Please no grumpy's in this one.
    It is solely about the fun!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on nearing 2000 posts, Rodney! It's been a pleasure reading your ramblings and getting to know you through PM's.
    Toombes:
    Congrats on nearing 2000 posts, Rodney! It's been a pleasure reading your ramblings and getting to know you through PM's.

You have not been forgotten my friend.
    Another med change and I can now finally get back interested in life again.
    Perhaps soon I will dust of a knife.................
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Toombes:

As I've stated before, no rush. Take care of yourself first. Besides, I have something for you that will be on it's way this weekend.
    Toombes:
    RBeckom:
    Toombes:

As I've stated before, no rush. Take care of yourself first. Besides, I have something for you that will be on it's way this weekend.

Please remember that I have given up smoking in it's entirety.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    If ones last breath on earth is filled with smoke from a cigar is that a bad thing? My thirteen year old son loves when I fire up a cigar so he may take a puff. An entirety is an amount of time yet entirely is a choice.