Home Non Cigar Related

NBA Finals

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I don't even watch basketball, but I just happened to turn on the last two mins of the NBA Finals. Fun to watch!Must be like Playoff Hockey...or is it playoff sports in general?I always remember something I read a long time ago. Americans don't like soccer because, in almost all of our sports, a team can win til the very end. In soccer, if you're down three, the game is essentially over.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    yeah, this is awesome. I am a big NBA fan though.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    The reason I don't watch basketball is because I know there is strategy...but I don't see it. I just see a bunch of guys running around. Like every other sport, right? ;)
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    yep it is a game that you have to have played or watched it your whole life. I play and coach to this day, so i love basketball.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    yep it is a game that you have to have played or watched it your whole life. I play and coach to this day, so i love basketball.
    We gonna play in SA?I like to play defense and rebound...everyone's favorite teammate!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    No, we don't like soccer because it can end 0-0. Also, we don't like to play handicapped (no hands). There is no other sport like that. Soccer is also the only thing on the planet that can actually be IMPROVED by doing it on ice (Hockey), putting it firmly in the running for the worst thing on Earth.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always thought the problem with soccer is you can't control the ball. A pass is as apt to go to the other team as your own. The goal is like yay wide but still you can go an hour and a half and it's zip all. You want to yell out: "Use your hands dumb ass! What do you think God gave you thumbs for?" Back and forth and back and forth and back and... makes me want to puke into the nearest vuvuzela.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)