Home General Discussion

Anniversary smoke?

So next Monday (7-1) is my 12th anniversary. That being said I'm gonna smoke something special. Ideally I'd smoke an ISOM. However I don't have any so it'll have to be something I can pick up at the B&M.
I'm looking for some suggestions ! Something med-full bodied

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Several factors to consider, what do you really enjoy right now?

One that I like that is in now but a limited release is the Kristoff Corojo Limitada. It fits the med-full category but not knowing what you like, the price range you are willing to go to, etc. makes it difficult to help more.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    being that its your anniversary, i think you should smoke what reminds you of 12yrs ago, the reason for the anniversary.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Stsepas:
    So next Monday (7-1) is my 12th anniversary. That being said I'm gonna smoke something special. Ideally I'd smoke an ISOM. However I don't have any so it'll have to be something I can pick up at the B&M.
    if you have never had one then i wouldnt suggest it. on special occasions i always smoke what i know i like. i dont wanna chance it.

honestly, the first few ISOMS i didnt really enjoy. gotta find what you like from any country.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    I've smoked a few. Certainly not enough to know if I really liked em! I've been enjoying many different cigars lately. Liga's being the most smoked and probably on the top of the list. I smoked my 1st padron 1964 the other night. That was a wonderful cigar! also been smoking a lot of tat's (no particular one).
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I think the AF Anejo is exceptionally good, but I can't seem to find any at the moment though I've seen a few others here pick them up from B&M's.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't go wrong with the padrons IMO
    Money can't buy taste
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Yup, especially if you know you already love them. Treat yourself to one of the really high-end sticks like the 80 year. You won't be disappointed.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:

Yup, especially if you know you already love them. Treat yourself to one of the really high-end sticks like the 80 year. You won't be disappointed.

Agreed. The 80th is often hard to get. I also like the No. 35, which is smaller but priced to be one that can be smoked a couple of times a week. Padron's are also more on the full side for me, however.
    iduno... when i want a good smoke i KNOW i will like, i reach for a Davidoff maduro or a Davidoff 2000.
    kuzi16:
    iduno... when i want a good smoke i KNOW i will like, i reach for a Davidoff maduro or a Davidoff 2000.
    One brand I've yet to try is davidoff. I love maduros. With that being said can u tell me a little bit about the davidoff Maduro? The flavor profile ect...
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    I'd smoke a Cohiba Diamonte Edicion...but those aren't too easy to find...especially in the summer time.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    whens your anni? send me your addy i'll send you something to try
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    whens your anni? send me your addy i'll send you something to try
    Anniversary is next Monday. PM Incoming
    Stsepas:
    kuzi16:
    One brand I've yet to try is davidoff. I love maduros. With that being said can u tell me a little bit about the davidoff Maduro? The flavor profile ect...
    CLICK HERE to read my full review of the Davidoff Maduro Robusto.

probably my favorite regular production cigar ever.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Well if you like the padron '64's I'd say pick up the 40th or even the family reserve 45 or 46. I think the 80th is from the '26 line if I recall. The 80th is my favorite padron followed by the 46th. Both in maduro. I like the family reserve 45th maduro as well. In fact the family reserve 85th maduro is good as well. I've never been one to risk a special occasion cigar on something I've never tried unless I have backups. Not sure if you like opus's at all but if you haven't had the lost city I'd put that one up as well. Not as strong as a regular opus but IMO more balanced and bit sweeter.
    I haven't tried the lost city. I've wanted to, and have been watching a few on an auction site. People just bid insane amounts. I do like the opus-x, and have a couple there not quite ready to smoke. They need a little age on em. I wish they were more readily available. Either that or if someone has one that'll do a little trade. Oh well I'll see what happens. Joe has a little something on it way for me to smoke for my anniversary. I know what he likes to smoke so I'm sure I'll like what arrives. In the meen time I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a lost city or two! Thanks for the input!