Home General Discussion

"Pick My Stick" is back !!! COMPLETED with mini review

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Been gone all summer but pick my stick is back. For those who dont remember, I list 3 sticks that I have. You pick the one I smoke tonight and I write one of my mini simple reviews.

If the weather holds out some wildlife pics may be included. Raining right now.

So here goes..... Pick the stick for me to smoke tonight.....

1. Diesel Unholy Cocktail Torp
2. AVO Classic Robusto
3. Carlos Torano Vault Toro

Vote early and often... smoke time is 6:30 PM Mountain time. (3 hours from posting)

Comments

• pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Avo Classic
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Diesel uc
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Avo
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    AvO
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Torano. Just because I love Torano but have never tried the Vault.

Also, what kinda age you got on the UHC? If you're 18+ months that moves up the list. Anything less, it moves down.

Of course AVO is always outstanding.

I certainly hope this helps :-)
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    The UHC only been in the humi about two months.

AVO winning by a long shot..... about an hour to go
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    The UHC only been in the humi about two months.
    Then you need a aged one.....hahaha:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    Hmmm...the AVO or the Diesel.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Hope you are enjoying whatever you picked. Welcome back to the real world!
    You guys picked the AVO so I am off to do my duty !! Looks for a mini review tomorrow!

Thanks for voting !
    I did have some visitors for this smoke. Look for a mini review tomorrow but here were my guests...

AVO Classic Robusto

Looking at the stick pre light, it is light chocolate in color, fair amount of veins, and very light in the hand.
    Prelight taste very nice, simple, with a very loose draw. Some concern on the loose draw.
    Toasted and lit with soft flame. Lots of nice billowy smoke. First puff huge spice (pepper +)

The day is very overcast and slight drizzle on and off so I am sitting under the eve of the garage looking out for wildlife.

I usually smoke medium to full strength so this is a nice change for me. Mild.... for me very mild, but very pleasant as well. A nice change. Very smooth and love the billowy, creamy smoke. So far I really like this stick and I like the change from full to mild / medium.

Wanted to pair this with a Moose Drool ale but ran out so Summer Honey it was. Turns out that the lighter Summer Honey was a better match due to the light nature of the smoke. As I get past the half way point I notice that the flavor remains the same throughout. Smooth, creamy, leather, light spice/pepper. The blast of spice on lighting was never seen again, just smooth simple flavors. Rain on and off and some deer came by to see how I liked the AVO.

When the rain stopped I walked around to check out the work I have to do this summer. Here is a sample that my friendly neighbors leave for me to split so I can keep warm in fall and winter.

This is a very different profile for me. Mild and simple and well, very nice. This will become a staple in my humidor for sure.

Burn was perfect, long ash, no fiddling with corrections, just a nice relaxing smoke.

The smoke only lasted one hour and I smoke slow. That surprised me. Maybe due to the "light in hand" and "very easy draw" but no matter..... I really like this stick.

My rating is a 4.5 out of 5 with a place for me in the medium/mild category. Try one. You will like it.

Thanks for voting and enjoy the scenery.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to have you back! Hope to see you this summer!
    Y'all are welcome over here anytime you want !!