Home General Discussion

Wedding Cigars

It's been awhile since i last posted, had to take a break from the forum and cigar.com because it was wearing a hole in my pocket. I'm getting hitched next month and wanted some recommendations for cigars for the guys attending my wedding. Wrapper doesn't matter and i only need about 10 any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, Derek

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Budget?
    Padron '64, Opus X, Olivia V, AF Anejo.. All depends on what you want to spend
    Congrats!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you are handing out to non cigar smokers get something a bit less expensive.

the fuente grand reserva sun grown (black foot band) could be a great option.

- high quality
    - recognizable brand name
    - not too expensive
    - not overpowering
    - has some great flavors and complexity to satisfy those who DO smoke cigars
    - readily available

this is actually the first time i have recommended this cigar for a wedding cigar. usually i recommend the Cusano 18 double Connecticut for mostly the reasons above. the only problem with that cigar is that it is a bit more mild and a seasoned smoker may think it more bland.
    i like the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut and im pretty seasoned. of course i prefer medium bodied cigars but still...
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    The Curivari El Gran Rey is a new favorite of mine but can be a little hard to find. Room 101 San Andreas is another great one and has a very cool band.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm in the same boat as you. Getting married in October. I have to find something for me (needs to be good but quick) to smoke and something that I can also hand out to guests (doesn't need to be that good). Haven't had time to think about it at all with how busy I have been. Most of my friends who do smoke will bring their own anyways.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    For smokers and non smokers alike, I like the 5 Vegas Classic. I like the Torp for me but the Double Corona or any would be good for a wedding and the price sure is right.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I'm in the same boat as you. Getting married in October. I have to find something for me (needs to be good but quick) to smoke and something that I can also hand out to guests (doesn't need to be that good). Haven't had time to think about it at all with how busy I have been. Most of my friends who do smoke will bring their own anyways.
    La Paulina Kill Bill? Real good and 4.25x40
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    +++ Agreed, tasty and quick
    Bigshizza:
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    I'll have to check that out.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Bigshizza:
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    We going to JR this week? Unrelated, of course.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    Bigshizza:
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    We going to JR this week? Unrelated, of course.
    I don't see why not. Waiting on Jimmy but that doesn't mean you and I can't go!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    hmm, well the work of art maduro or even a family reserve 85 (small-ish). Though I know you have a bunch of high end stuff, you could smoke one of those. But I'll tell you, on my wedding day I tried to smoke a don carlos 30th and just had too many distractions.

OP, Kuzi made a good recommendation, I'd second it, maybe even add short stories. Small smokes, lots of flavor and you can get a box rather cheap.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    But I'll tell you, on my wedding day I tried to smoke a don carlos 30th and just had too many distractions.
    +1
    I snuck in a Viaje Supershot (early) in the day .... but there was so much running around, getting ready, etc. I'm lucky I had time to get that in.

And at the reception there were so many friends/family/etc. to talk to, (and don't forget being with the wife, dancing, toasts, etc.) I didn't even get a chance to go outside until it was all over. (Hell, I barely had a chance to eat.)

Unless you're going to smoke early in the day, well before the festivities start, get something that you won't be upset about if have to put it down half-way through.

phobicsquirrel:
    OP, Kuzi made a good recommendation, I'd second it,
    +3

BTW, congrats brother!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    DC congrats on the wedding coming up. Ever try the Fuente short story? That maybe a good smoke for you guys. I don't thing they're that pricey!