Home General Discussion

cigar of the month club

Was just wondering if you sign up for the monthly subscription and wanted to cancel it how would one go about doing so i cant find a way to under my account

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Just send one of the reps an email asking to cancel. I've had to do it more times than I can remember...
    Oh, and welcome to the clan!!
  • csnydercsnyder Posts: 2
    thanks glad to be here, yeah i just sent an email to the service@cigar.com email address think that will be good?
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    2 ways to do this....call and cancel and if that doesn't work call your credit card and have them block any charges.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Calling the credit card company is highly unnecessary. Cigar.com is about customer service, not about ripping people off.

But personally, I'd call Cigar.com. Best way to get an immediate response.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    Calling the credit card company is highly unnecessary. Cigar.com is about customer service, not about ripping people off.

But personally, I'd call Cigar.com. Best way to get an immediate response.
    Yup. Have had to do it a couple times, no problems whatsoever. If your E-mail was on the weekend, there may not be anyone there to respond, but it'll get done without fuss, at least that's my bet.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    I'm a member and lately I've been saving more with the 10% disc than the monthly chg. So I figure the monthly shipment is a freebie. This is not to say I won't cancel every now and then. Sounds like Gevallia coffee. Sign up and get a free coffee maker and get some coff; then cancel. Later sign up again and get another coffee maker. LOL
  • NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
    Been thinking of joining, is it really worth it?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOBLE 6:
    yup
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    NOBLE 6:
    yup
    i agree

but with a few caveats.
    1) you are not going to love every cigar they send you. but if you are a new smoker it is a great way to try things you may not try otherwise and you can find a gem. If you know what you like and only buy that then the COTM club is not worth it.

2) the 10% discount is a nice touch for all your other orders. as someone mentioned above, is it worth the monthly charge to get that 10% if you know you are not going to like every cigar they send. For me, i dont have time to smoke enough cigars to make that extra 10% off worth it to me. is it for you? look at your buying history and plans and see if you will save money assuming you wont like a single cigar they send (but you will like some of them)

3) does an auto withdraw of $36 (including shipping) bother you?
    my budget can afford it but my account is run in such a way that at times i am below $30 in my "fun" account. i dont wanna risk that and i am far to stubborn to change how i run my financial household.

but like i said, if you are looking to try new stuff, it is well worth it.
  • NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
    kuzi16:
    Amos Umwhat:
    NOBLE 6:
    yup
    i agree

but with a few caveats.
    1) you are not going to love every cigar they send you. but if you are a new smoker it is a great way to try things you may not try otherwise and you can find a gem. If you know what you like and only buy that then the COTM club is not worth it.

2) the 10% discount is a nice touch for all your other orders. as someone mentioned above, is it worth the monthly charge to get that 10% if you know you are not going to like every cigar they send. For me, i dont have time to smoke enough cigars to make that extra 10% off worth it to me. is it for you? look at your buying history and plans and see if you will save money assuming you wont like a single cigar they send (but you will like some of them)

3) does an auto withdraw of $36 (including shipping) bother you?
    my budget can afford it but my account is run in such a way that at times i am below $30 in my "fun" account. i dont wanna risk that and i am far to stubborn to change how i run my financial household.

but like i said, if you are looking to try new stuff, it is well worth it.
    I'm still new and buy cigars based on references. This sounds like it might work for me. Thanks Kuzi & Amos