Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

catfish spilled the beans

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
I turn 65 July 8th, received my Medicare card in the mail Saturday, so I had an insurance agent drop by the office today to sign me up for plan F and plan D. An important question in the application process is: "Are you a smoker?" Well, just like any other red-blooded American, I fudged, of course. After all, in the words of a famous president "I never inhaled." True, insurance fraud is a serious crime, punishable by law. However, I felt perfectly confident I could get away with it. Apparently not. Apparently the truth is already out. Cause I come home and this had happened while I was gone.

How'm I gonna get away with it now? The whole neighborhood's gonna be sniffing it out soon's the smoke comes wafting from the garage. I need to call that agent tomorrow and fess up. Prolly cost me eighty bucks more a month, but I just can't afford to spend my remaining few in the Big House. Gee, thanks for spilling the beans on me, catfish. You got me in deep Dutch now.

There's something wrong with Dustin. That boy needs to get himself a hobby.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Webby! Looks like Dustin gave you a couple birthday spankings.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You're a "collector" , remember? >
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy B-Day Webby enjoy those fine Fishy offerings!!
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you meant...i didnt smoke one today, the day i signed the forms? ;)
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Webmost happy early birthday! Dustin nice beating you laid on him that's quite the selection!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Happy Bday old man !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Happy Bday old man !
    Happy Happy Birthday.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday my fellow Cancer! (mine's July 9th). Nice hit!