Home General Discussion

Braided cigars

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone had them before? I'm curious as to what they are like and how they smoke. Also where to get them?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD makes one and i can get it at my local B&M. they are called culebras and they are 4 lanceros braided together to make one cigar. the tradition is to untie and share them with two other friends. if you are really curious, send me a PM and ill work on getting you one.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok cool. I thought you were supposed to smoke them at the same time. I was baffled! Lol PM sent your way too. :)
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    Culebras are very unique. Don't see too many of them. I know Corona Cigar company has their own. Drew Estate Natural Subculture has one called the Medusa. In fact I saw one that was a custom made Opus X and was 11 inches long....nuts.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they look cool in the humi!
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    There's the Tatuaje El Triunfador The Old Man and the C also. I think the normal price is 30 and you get a culebra of 3 cigars and a lancero. Never tried a culebra myself, but that would likely be the one I try...
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The only Culebra I really want to try (besides the Party Jiunn just sent me) is the LFD Lancero Culebra. It's unique in that they use three different wrappers for the three cigars. Oh, and I love LFD, in case you hadn't heard. Lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I have (sitting for 3 years) the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Culebra. It has 3 7 X 38's. Just waiting for the right time with the right people. Not sure how Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is as I have never had one but, it looks cool. Comes in its own coffin.
    KCW:
    I have (sitting for 3 years) the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Culebra. It has 3 7 X 38's. Just waiting for the right time with the right people. Not sure how Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is as I have never had one but, it looks cool. Comes in its own coffin.

A coffin??? Pics??
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    KCW:

A coffin??? Pics??
    The sol cubano CC's are great smokes. I dont think youll be disappointed! They can be a little grassy when fresh, but have a great spicy, woody flavor.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • KCW:
    I have (sitting for 3 years) the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Culebra. It has 3 7 X 38's.

Just waiting for the right time with the right people. Not sure how Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is as I have never had one but, it looks cool. Comes in its own coffin.

One of the better Culebra's I've smoked, NC or CC.
    Go to this thread to see a pic.
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/181859.aspx
    Link didn't work. Lol ill google it. ;)
    It's not a link. You have to copy the address and paste it to your browser.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Now it is a link

I think Culebras are pretty neat. Fun things to have at social get togethers or to pull out for a 'special event' smoke. Just wish they didn't make organizing the humi such a pain.
    jthanatos:
    KCW:
    Now it is a link

I think Culebras are pretty neat. Fun things to have at social get togethers or to pull out for a 'special event' smoke. Just wish they didn't make organizing the humi such a pain.

You're Smaaaaaht.
    jthanatos:
    KCW:
    Now it is a link

pretty spiffy! :)