Home Non Cigar Related

Be Careful What you Say Online .....

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/27/teenager-justin-carter-facebook-comment-jail_n_3512025.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Kid looking at 8 years in prison for "terrorist" activities because of ...

"Earlier this year, Carter and a friend got into an Facebook argument with someone regarding "League of Legends," an online video game with notoriously die-hard fans. Justin's father, Jack, explained to ABC local affiliate KVUE that at the end of the conversation "Sleep [S]omeone had said something to the effect of 'Oh you're insane, you're crazy, you're messed up in the head,’ to which [Justin] replied 'Oh yeah, I'm real messed up in the head, I'm going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk [all sic].""

amazing, fracking amazing.

Comments

• EHaddockEHaddock Posts: 24
    Truly insane...
    Mahalo,
    Edward
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am even reading this post carefully...you never know-:)
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I understand the concern and the need to investigate, but that's where it needs to stop. "Zero tolerance" policies in almost any realm are stupid, no two situations are the same and responders need flexibility to deal with it as appropriate, not as a one-size fits all operation. Just having a cop knock on this kids door at let him know it was seen should be enough of a lesson, peeing yourself in front of you parents tends to leave a lasting impression. ;)
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Ugh, potential 8 yrs in prison for sarcasm. That's crazy!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    I understand the concern and the need to investigate, but that's where it needs to stop. "Zero tolerance" policies in almost any realm are stupid, no two situations are the same and responders need flexibility to deal with it as appropriate, not as a one-size fits all operation. Just having a cop knock on this kids door at let him know it was seen should be enough of a lesson, peeing yourself in front of you parents tends to leave a lasting impression. ;)
    Hear hear!
    I propose we all lobby Congress to change the wording of every instance of "Zero Tolerance" to a more fitting name:
    ZERO INTELLIGENCE
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    What part of "and eat their still, beating hearts" did they not think was hyperbole?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tell you, these Puritans, they are a humorless lot.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)