Home General Discussion

First Man O' War / Long ash

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
What a great smoke! Anyone know which stick this is? might have to buy a few more!
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's THE Man O War. The original. I had my first one recently too and I agree,....great smoke. Luckily for us ccom has them on the sprint sales pretty often. I got a ten pack on the sprint sale. I Knew I wanted to try it. And I Knew if I didn't like it that plenty of forum guys did like 'em and they'd make good ammo. EDIT: I went and looked at mine and I was mistaken. I got a ten pack of the MOW "Ruination". But it was a great smoke. And watch the sprint sales for both kinds. I'm still looking to try the original. AND I was bombed an 'Armada" that I'm saving for a special occasion. And also got bombed a "Skull Crusher" too. That one sounds scary huh?
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    That's THE Man O War. The original. I had my first one recently too and I agree,....great smoke. Luckily for us ccom has them on the sprint sales pretty often. I got a ten pack on the sprint sale. I Knew I wanted to try it. And I Knew if I didn't like it that plenty of forum guys did like 'em and they'd make good ammo. EDIT: I went and looked at mine and I was mistaken. I got a ten pack of the MOW "Ruination". But it was a great smoke. And watch the sprint sales for both kinds. I'm still looking to try the original. AND I was bombed an 'Armada" that I'm saving for a special occasion. And also got bombed a "Skull Crusher" too. That one sounds scary huh?
    i like the Ruination and the 52 still haven't tried the skull crusher
  • skull crusher is also very good.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I love them all! Nice ash Chris!
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    The is the Man O' War original blend.... I'm not a fan of these. I really enjoy the Ruination though..... I've had all of the Man O' War blends except for the Skull Crusher....
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I love them all! Nice ash Chris!

Yeah... im lucky i got that pic! Two seconds after i picked it up the ash fell off!
    I think i have a couple other Man O' Wars... one of them is a ruination i think. I havent cataloged my sticks. lol
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    MoW is one of the few lines where I like everything I've had.

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks salamon shaped and is maybe the special edition? That'd have the ruination wrapper if I'm not mistaken?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    Ken Light:
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks salamon shaped and is maybe the special edition? That'd have the ruination wrapper if I'm not mistaken?

I was thinking the same thing
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krebsie:
    Ken Light:

It is the Salamon. IMO is AJs only "Real Good" internet line.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    stephen_hannibal:
    MoW is one of the few lines where I like everything I've had.

+1 - Great tasting Cigar / Line.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Vision:
    ...It is the Salamon. IMO is AJs only "Real Good" internet line.

That's a pretty bold statement.
    AJ has so many brands that are sold online.

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    krebsie:
    Ken Light:

It is the Salamon. IMO is AJs only "Real Good" internet line.
    Right, anyway, about where you can get 'em, call/e-mail your rep. If you don't have one, tblythe@cigar.com.

The only other possibility I can think of for what it is, would be the salomon of the MoW original, which was found in a salamon sampler. The difference is that one would have had a twisted cap at the end of the torpedo, sorta looks like a balloon knot, rather than the standard torpedo cap. Since you pic is clipped, I can't tell (but it looks more like the standard torpedo cap if I had to guess). The difference between the two would primarily be the wrapper, which would heavily influence taste.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    It was a standard torpedo cap. I've still got a ton of different sticks to try out before I buy anymore. This one is pretty close to the top of my list. When I'm in the market for purchasing more sticks ill start my diggin. :) noob question. What is "AJ" that's being refered to?
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    It was a standard torpedo cap. I've still got a ton of different sticks to try out before I buy anymore. This one is pretty close to the top of my list. When I'm in the market for purchasing more sticks ill start my diggin. :) noob question. What is "AJ" that's being refered to?
    AJ = AJ Fernandez. He is the one that blended the stick. Generally if you like something that a blender makes they have a distinct style that follows them from stick to stick.
    brianetz1:
    LiquidChaos66:
    AJ = AJ Fernandez. He is the one that blended the stick. Generally if you like something that a blender makes they have a distinct style that follows them from stick to stick.

Oh ok! That makes sense. Thanks :)
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Vision:
    ...It is the Salamon. IMO is AJs only "Real Good" internet line.

That's a pretty bold statement.
    AJ has so many brands that are sold online.

Just my op. I like the San Lotano and Pinolero which I think are real good but those to me are more his b&m stuff. I think a lot of his stuff is good..just not wow real good. But again....just my opinion.
  • bigmatt72bigmatt72 Posts: 89
    Looks like the special edition figurado, personally I didn't like this blend as much as the ruination or the man o war original.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    They do carry a figurado, but I don't think it was in the original line up. I like MOW. No pretense with this stick. Just a well constructed, satisfying medium to full bodied, satisfying flavor. Bargain wise? Off the charts.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig the special projects, especially the Little Devil and the Skull Crusher is very good as well..
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I dig the special projects, especially the Little Devil and the Skull Crusher is very good as well..
    Really??? Intresting...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a great big fan of the MOW Salamon. And really only think the original is just OK. But the Ruination and the PA Habano now those are fantastic. Haven yet tried the side projects. Got a couple but haven't lit em yet.