Home Non Cigar Related

Shameful

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/syrians-behead-christians-helping-military-cia-shi/
As the federal government gets ready to cut it's work force's pay by 20%, know they're sending $2.5 million a month to support these murderers. The president and members of the GOP both support this. Absolutely shameful.

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    y2pascoe:
    http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/syrians-behead-christians-helping-military-cia-shi/
    As the federal government gets ready to cut it's work force's pay by 20%, know they're sending $2.5 million a month to support these murderers. The president and members of the GOP both support this. Absolutely shameful.

Someday perhaps I can return the favor.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    y2pascoe:

OK, Walt for ambassador!
    Seriously, there's no right side to be on in this game. We keep sticking our...finger...in the pie over there, and we're supporting absolute evil, no matter which side we're on. Sending money, arms, aid to this part of the world seems to only send money, arms, and aid to those who are dedicated to our destruction.
    I've been told of Afghan prisoners fighting in a cell, until a new guy is placed in there, then they team up and take down the new guy. Once he's dead, they go back to fighting each other.

It's who, and what they are. They LIKE it that way.

If we want to support their neighbors, provided they're behaving sanely, in helping them to deal with refugees, or their own methods of dealing with the bad-actors in their part of the world, well, maybe. But it's long past time for this 4% of the worlds population to stop trying to police all the loons that cause problems everywhere.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's surely wrong to send assault weapons. Guns kill people. We ought to send them Obamaphones, so that next time Assad shoots at them they can call 911.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    y2pascoe:

F'n A!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    It's surely wrong to send assault weapons. Guns kill people. We ought to send them Obamaphones, so that next time Assad shoots at them they can call 911.

Wait! (head slap) Make it a Gun Free Zone!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    webmost:

Wait! (head slap) Make it a Gun Free Zone!

Sorry. My Bad. How about this one.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah it pisses me off too. I hate it when this country has money to wage war, or to send to other countries (depending of course on the nature), or other various things (boarder fences ... again?) but hell no when it comes to jobs, job training, infrastructure, and various other things that benefit this country. Just like this latest immigration bill that the senate passed, 30 billion for border security but there is no way that same amount could be spent here for say I dunno, new roads or fixing/replacing bridges. It's pathetic.

btw, this govt has been in the biz of supporting horrible factions for some time now. This is no new development.
    Take over Mexico. Tell the Democrats they can run it and within a year Everyone will be going there for the handouts and we can get on with business. LOL
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    pilgrimtex:
    Take over Mexico. Tell the Democrats they can run it and within a year Everyone will be going there for the handouts and we can get on with business. LOL
    best comment ever.

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    y2pascoe:

Remind me to never piss u off sir.
    Glock1975:
    pilgrimtex:
    y2pascoe:

Remind me to never piss u off sir.

I guess you noticed the side arm. Don't worry. Besides; I'm medicated. LOL
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    y2pascoe:

A view of the antlered handled one if you please.
    As soon as I can once again fire up my forge and foundries I plan to hammer out one with a similar handle, perhaps out of Damascus steel .
    RBeckom:
    pilgrimtex:
    y2pascoe:

A view of the antlered handled one if you please.
    As soon as I can once again fire up my forge and foundries I plan to hammer out one with a similar handle, perhaps out of Damascus steel .

The sword is a silver Stag Boar Hunter's sword.
    Keep me informed on your progress if you fire it back up. May want to order a custom blade that suits my personality. LOL
    Hidden behind me was this Silver Stag knife. Both handles are Elk Antler
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:

This one is a good pattern especially if I heat weld the Damascus Steele. Should be quiet a looker though. I "borrowed" your photo, I hope you don't mind.
    RBeckom:
    pilgrimtex:

This one is a good pattern especially if I heat weld the Damascus Steele. Should be quiet a looker though. I "borrowed" your photo, I hope you don't mind.

Don't mind at all.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    pilgrimtex:
    best comment ever.

Yeah, I gotta agree here lol!!!!