Home Non Cigar Related

New addition to the family

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Just added a new member to our tribe, Bruiser. We picked him up from the Lake Charles Humane Society yesterday, and so far he is the coolest dog I have seen in a while. I will get some pics up later today or tomorrow.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Here he is:

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Awesome looking dog! I'm a huge dog person and also love to save dogs without homes. Hope he lives a long healthy life with ya!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thats just an awsome looking dog ...I love dogs ...hope the family and yourself enjoy him many years as I'm sure he's lucked out by having you guys adopt him ...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey alien.. Well the Bruiser looks happy to be part of your "tribe".. Nice pictures of the handsome lad.
    Thanks all, I'm sure he appreciates all the compliments. The vet said he is about 7 months old, so yeah, he has a long life ahead of him. I love dogs too and have been wanting one for a few years now. Owning a dog in Hawaii is complicated though, and we had a small apartment. Now that we have the room, he was top priority.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Nice looking dog, looks like he's found a good home. Hope you have many happy years together.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    You should have named him after a cigar...

"Come Here Robusto!!!"
    Lasabar:

"Come Here Robusto!!!"

I am truly and deeply ashamed that the thought of that never occured to me. I feel like less of a man.
    alienmisprint:
    Lasabar:

"Come Here Robusto!!!"

I am truly and deeply ashamed that the thought of that never occured to me. I feel like less of a man.
    That's okay, now when I get a god HIS name is not already taken!!!
    (But it would be cool to call a dog "Busto".... good conversation starter)
    Or Sumatra, that'd be a cool dog name. Oh, if you had a black dog you could call him Maduro. Most non-cigar smokers wouldn't know any of those terms, would be some cool names. I am kicking myself for already having his nametag engraved, lol.
    alienmisprint:
    Or Sumatra, that'd be a cool dog name. Oh, if you had a black dog you could call him Maduro. Most non-cigar smokers wouldn't know any of those terms, would be some cool names. I am kicking myself for already having his nametag engraved, lol.
    Maduro is prolly the best dog name ever.... shame on you!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    alienmisprint:
    Lasabar:

"Come Here Robusto!!!"

I actually plan on praying to Lassie's god, Robusto, today.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I can just hear it: "Maduro keeps dropping dog rockets all over the place."
    cabinetmaker:
    I can just hear it: "Maduro keeps dropping dog rockets all over the place."
    See, now the next dog we get has to be black or super dark brown just so I can use that name.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    alienmisprint:
    Lasabar:

"Come Here Robusto!!!"

Dang, I was beaten to it.
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    cholmes8310:
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    alienmisprint:
    Lasabar:

"Come Here Robusto!!!"

Dang, I was beaten to it.
    Hahaa me too. I was about to say the same thing. I need to use the internets more on the weekends and not just at work! Grats on the new dog man. Looks like a ton of fun already.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    maddy would be a fine name for a dog, maduro has too many sylables. I was thinking churchill would be a great name for a dog. how bout lancero? or arturo? rocky?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I think you could name him Ghurka. Hey Ghurka just blended another stick on the living room floor! HA.