Home General Discussion

A request please ——>UPDATED please read/ re read<——updated again

As most of you know I've been dealing with chronic health problems. With that being said I've been admitted to the hospital yet again due to an infection in my permenant IV line. So guys please fire up a cigar for me ! I'll keep u guys updated...
here's an update as promised
•my infection has spread, and looks like staff infection. It has spread into my neck, and shoulder. As far as we know it hasn't gone any further. The concern is the line I had was placed in my superior vena cava (spelling). CSo they've got me on heavy antibiotics, strong painmeds, and light sedation. For the guys in the greater Boston , I'd love some compamy. Just shoot me a txt. Thx again I truly consider each and every one of you food friends. Please keep me in your prayers!
As I said before I'll keep you guys updated Another update

Wanted to let you guys know I'm on my way home from the hospital. They sent me home on IV antibiotics and a new pic line. Can't wait to get to my couch. Ow and the box of MAW's that showed up on Tuesday!!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Sorry to hear that. I hope things will go well. I will light one up brother!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Ill try and burn one for you. Hope you feel better, will be praying for ya man.
    One God, One Truth
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel better Steve..will be thinking of you.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Thx guys. It means alot!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    You hang in there and get well soon !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they let you smoke in there? If not, then GET THE HECK OUTTA THE HOSPITAL

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill light one up for ya today my friend! Take care of yourself and keep us posted to how your doin!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm burning one as we speak and I'll dedicate it to you. I can empathize with you to a degree. I don't have a permanent IV line but I just had a PICC removed from my right arm that was installed after my cancer surgery in Feb.of this year. It was a necessary thing but a pain in the butt to keep from getting wet in the shower. Had I known it, I could have opted for a port instead but I didn't know any better.

I haven't been logging in regularly to CCOM so I'm not up to speed - is the reason for your permanent IV something you feel comfortable talking about? The reason for my PICC was esophageal cancer. The surgeons removed most of my esophagus and roughly 10 - 15% of my stomach but they tell me they got all of the cancer.

I'm wishing you the best and hoping this current situation will be resolved for you soon. Hope I haven't stepped on any toes by asking about your IV. I know some folks don't wish to talk about such things.
    jlmarta:
    I'm burning one as we speak and I'll dedicate it to you. I can empathize with you to a degree. I don't have a permanent IV line but I just had a PICC removed from my right arm that was installed after my cancer surgery in Feb.of this year. It was a necessary thing but a pain in the butt to keep from getting wet in the shower. Had I known it, I could have opted for a port instead but I didn't know any better.

I haven't been logging in regularly to CCOM so I'm not up to speed - is the reason for your permanent IV something you feel comfortable talking about? The reason for my PICC was esophageal cancer. The surgeons removed most of my esophagus and roughly 10 - 15% of my stomach but they tell me they got all of the cancer.

I'm wishing you the best and hoping this current situation will be resolved for you soon. Hope I haven't stepped on any toes by asking about your IV. I know some folks don't wish to talk about such things.
    I'm more than comfortable talking about it. I had colon cancer stage 3C when I was a teenager. Since then I've lost all my large intestines and 1/4 of my small intestines as well as my apendix and gallbladder. I've had 3 ports, many Pic lines, I'm going on my third tunnel line! I use the line for hydration and meds.
    Bummer... I lost a very good buddy to colon cancer back in the early 80s. In his case there were no symptoms to speak of and by the time he had surgery it was too far along to do anything.

it's too bad you got it at such an early age. In my case, I'm 76 years old and, like you, I count any day as a good one when I can look down at the grass instead of up at the roots.

on a different topic, is there a particular significance to your forum moniker? I took a chance and googled St. Sepas but I doubt that what I found would apply. It mainly talked about gang-bangers in the Los Angeles area, LOL
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to here about your health issue, I will burn something nice tonight for you. Get well and leave those nurses alone for a little while at least!
    jlmarta:
    Bummer... I lost a very good buddy to colon cancer back in the early 80s. In his case there were no symptoms to speak of and by the time he had surgery it was too far along to do anything.

it's too bad you got it at such an early age. In my case, I'm 76 years old and, like you, I count any day as a good one when I can look down at the grass instead of up at the roots.

on a different topic, is there a particular significance to your forum moniker? I took a chance and googled St. Sepas but I doubt that what I found would apply. It mainly talked about gang-bangers in the Los Angeles area, LOL
    Def not gang banger lol. My name Steve Tsepas ! That's the thing w colon cancer there's no warning signs. My colon ruptured during surgery. If they'd have waited another 2 hrs to operate I wouldn't have made it. I was in boot camp when I started getting flu symptoms then a bowel obstruction. Fortunately I was on Christmas exodus when I started getting sick and living just outside of Boston I had the best docs at my disposal! I was able to get an homer able med discharge from the army! I'm coming up on 20 yrs cancer free!
    Stsepas:
    .....Fortunately I was on Christmas exodus when I started getting sick and living just outside of Boston I had the best docs at my disposal! I was able to get an homer able med discharge from the army! I'm coming up on 20 yrs cancer free!

Yes, 'fortunately' is right. And 20 years can ER free is no small thing. Just keep on keepin' on, Steve, and I'll keep holding good thoughts for ya. And thanks for your service, my friend....

And I apologize to the rest of the brothers for hijacking this thread. I just felt the need to chat with this young man for a bit. I think he's worth it.... I'll turn it back to all of you now.....
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get better soon Steve. Praying for you brother. And dedicating this here Cuban Label to you!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Get better Steve....... Text me if you need to talk.
    kingjk729:
    Get better Steve....... Text me if you need to talk.
    Thx Jim. Appriciate it!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Bob Luken:
    Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Really sorry to hear that Steve but confident you'll kick this infections azz. I'll be praying for you.
  • I'm in Manchester if you may want some company.
    robert.beecher:
    I'm in Manchester if you may want some company.
    I'd love some company however I'm at Lahey clinic in Burlington ma my room phone # is (781)-744-1202. My room # is 7e rm2. My cell# is (603)-425-9862
    They changed my room to floor 7E bed 21. My room phone # is (781)-744-1221
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn man sorry to hear. We need to herf it up again... once you get better that is :p
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it sounds like they've at least identified the little bugger hurtin' ya. Stay strong man. So what's one of your faves? I'll track something down to burn in your honor.
    Vision:
    Damny man sorry to hear. We need to herf it up again... once you get better that is :p
    you know I'm down to Herf as long as I'm not in the hospital. I can get make to come by R
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staph. Can't hardly go in a hospital nowadays without getting it. Hope you get back on your feet soon. We'll be praying for you. What times are you usually awake for a call?
    Rhamlin:
    Staph. Can't hardly go in a hospital nowadays without getting it. Hope you get back on your feet soon. We'll be praying for you. What times are you usually awake for a call?
    I'm usually up at about 10 am east time. I fall asleep for a few hrs mid day the. I'm up from like 5pm till 10pm. Tonight I may be up real late because of the meds they just gave me. I'm gonn crash now for a couple hrs. After that I'll be up most the night. Thanks guys for aski g!!!
    I'm pretty sure I posted the # to my room. If you didn't catch it the #. Is (781)-744-1221 My cell is (603)-425-9862z Thanks again. Hats off to each and everyone of you. You guys have become family to me
    Hi, Steve. Hope you're feeling a little better today. Just wanted to say thanks for posting your cell number. That way, I can drop you a text once in a while without clogging up the forum thread like I'm doing right now.... Lol. Hang in there, Bro..... :-/)
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Still praying man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man Steve, hope u get feeling better Bro, prayers sent your way.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Steve, I just read this and was overwhelmed. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and get better soon, there are many people thinking of you.