Home General Discussion

Camacho Triple Maduro.

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
My eye was caught recently by the Camacho Triple Maduro, first on CCOM where I noticed all stock was sold out, and then at my local cigar shop where I saw the beauty up close and personal. I am intrigued by the use of all maduro tobacco in this cigar and am wondering if anyone here has tried this cigar and what you think of it. As always, your help/information is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i havent tried one yet but i seem to remember a ccom radio podcast where they took some guys down to the camacho factory and they got to try one. I kinda forgot about it since. you might be able to dig that pod cast up and find some stuff out.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Thanks, I'll look into that. I'm really curious as it seems people are divided on whether this is a good smoke or an overpriced, overrated and over hyped novelty cigar. Suppose the only way to know is to have one myself.

Joe
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I have tried a few and consider them to be a good smoke. I do keep 2 or 3 in my humi most of the time. I hope you enjoy the Maduro type of flavor and if your one to enjoy milder smokes I don't think you'll enjoy it.
    Some notes I made are great burn, plenty of smoke. One of the best fuller bodied, fuller flavored cigars I've tried. Rich, complex, fairly smooth flavors with the Maduro sweetness, of course.

With that being said my brother, who enjoyes the CAO MX-2 didn't enjoy it as much as I. He also had one, that had some burn issues.
    i like maduro and camacho but the shop that had em near me was charging 14 for their toro. I (also) just wanna know if its $14.00 worth of good before i get one.
  • golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    Matt I smoked one last weekend and thought it was excellent but it is not a $14 cigar IMHO
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    For me, I won't spend that much on an everyday smoke, but as an occasional or special treat....no problem.
    When I was at the local cigar shop, the owner was charging around $20 for this stick... Gotta love California.

Sounds like something I might enjoy ashmaster, I am definitely a fan of a full flavored, full bodied smoke, and an all maduro just sounds too luscious to pass up. I am really itching to try one now.

Joe
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    I tried this cigar about a month ago and am having a hard time NOT buying them. Every time I step into the humidor I am suddenly drawn over to the Camacho section and grabbing a couple. At my local shop they run for $11 out the door and I personally think that they are well worth. Side note... I just ordered a box of 18 of the robustos and a box of 18 of the Torpedoes. I would also really like to try the 11/18 size I hear it is a nice long smoke.
    P.S. If you ever want to try this cigar and win one of my contests or PIF's, just let me know to send one of them in the package and I will happily do so
    Chevy:
    P.S. If you ever want to try this cigar and win one of my contests or PIF's, just let me know to send one of them in the package and I will happily do so
    mental note: win PIF from Chevy...
    Chevy:
    I tried this cigar about a month ago and am having a hard time NOT buying them. Every time I step into the humidor I am suddenly drawn over to the Camacho section and grabbing a couple. At my local shop they run for $11 out the door and I personally think that they are well worth. Side note... I just ordered a box of 18 of the robustos and a box of 18 of the Torpedoes. I would also really like to try the 11/18 size I hear it is a nice long smoke.
    I know what you mean, these are very nice cigars. I picked up a sampler of them and I was in love from the first sniff, and was blown away after lighting one up. Very nice smoke, and I'll be looking to buy a box in the near future.

Chevy, I have an 11/18 that I wouldn't mind parting with, so if you want to make a trade or something let me know.

Joe
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Chevy:
    mental note: win PIF from Chevy...
    No kidding!

*prowls PIF thread*
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269

I had one a few weeks ago and it kicked my butt.  It was a very nice smoke, smooth, flavorfull everything i could have ask for, but when I stood up after the smoke my head was spinnin!  Kind of like the ligero type cigars (joya de nicaragua antonio).  Kind of pricy, but an interesting smoke.

Steve

Alright you tripple maduro lovers its that time. Check in the Fun and games thread for my contest for your cigars
  • I've smoked 'em and they're in my top 5(for now at least). Great burn and rich flavor along with intense aroma. Try George T. Stagg bourbon with a splash as your beverage and heaven is just a local call away.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Sounds tasty.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I think I posted this before but the Trip Mad lacks any kind of pepper or punch IMO. Its ok not my fave.
    madurofan:
    I think I posted this before but the Trip Mad lacks any kind of pepper or punch IMO. Its ok not my fave.
    Was that your only gripe with the cigar? I'd agree with you on the lack of pepper and punch as well, this is certainly not a spicy cigar, I recall it being more creamy and rich in flavor but not an intense cigar.
    Yea that was my only gripe. Very well constructed, I just expected more kick and some spice from it. You know how expectations are when you don't get them, especially at that price tag, you are disappointed.
    Yeah I hear ya on that one... My local B&M wants like $20 for the 6x60, I kinda just laugh and walk over to the CAO display. I liked the Triple Maduro, but not that much.
    Yea I think I paid $14 for the Robusto. I'd smoke one if it came to me but I'd never go to her!