Home General Discussion

DE Cigar Safari

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Hey everyone, has anyone here been on the Cigar Safari from Drew Estate? I have been wanting to go for a few years, and I am thinking really hard about trying to do it when I get back from this deployment. I went to the website, but it just loads a blank red page with a logo at the very bottom, there's nothing I can click. I'm basically looking to see if this is something I can just book for my wife and I or if would need to do it as part of a larger group. If I can do it for just us two, does anyone know where I can find available dates and where to go through to book it?

Comments

• BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    I posted about this a few days ago and really didn't get the reaction i was expecting. I am VERY interested as well. And i have been researching it for a while now. To my knowledge, you sign up on the set dates and their travel agent takes care of booking your flight out of Miami (you pay for it of course) and i think its about $300-400 from miami to Nicaragua. A word of advice though, my girlfriends dad works in Panama, and he said that columbia and nicaragua and everything surrounding it are in a major red zone right now due to drugs and the up coming election. He said it would be a pretty dangerous tourist attraction so i would give it some time to settle down over there before taking a trip. And your troble viewing the cigarsafari website may be because you dont have an updated flash player or something. Its working fine for me, there should be 3 big links above the "cigarsafari" logo. Let me know if you decide to go, maybe we can get a groupe of people together and take the trip, its worth a shot!
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    It looks like their dates for the tours are pretty much only from January through May wich would be perfect weather for the climate.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    May would be exactly what I am looking for. I have seen where the main cost of the safaris itself is like $600, but do you have to fly out of Miami? I'm in Texas, it seems like it would be much cheaper to just fly out of Dallas or Austin.