Home General Discussion

Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Has anyone tried these yet? If not, you're missing out. My B&M just got these in a few months ago and I decided to grab one. It was a cigar that made me sit up and pay attention (which may I add has been far in between).... great smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are good..... but most places around here are $9-$11 a stick..... I am not the type who likes to donate to JD for a stick that should be $3 cheaper.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Been hearin some good things bout this stick. Thanks for the heads up, puts some validity to it coming from you!
    Vision:
    They are good..... but most places around here are $9-$11 a stick..... I am not the type who likes to donate to JD for a stick that should be $3 cheaper.
    Yea Im with ya on that. DE sticks are usually way overpriced, meaning I can usually get a better tastin stick at a lower price.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    agree 110% on this. Needs to be in the 6-9 range
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen mixed reviews on this one. Really high rating in CA, but some here have said not too spectacular. I may grab one to try though!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    I also heard it compared to the cyb , anyone try both,, any similarities?
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    I have had both and in some ways it can be compared to each other. I like the CYB but will take the HE over it. While price doesn't bother me for most part when buying cigars (If it costs more than i want to pay i don't buy). I don't think the Herrera Esteli is priced too high. My B&M has them priced anywhere from $6-10 depending size.

But thats just my opinion. Everyones will vary
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    bingo.... Elogio and Regius are 100x better and cheaper IMO. HE is still somewhat harsh IMO and should not be for the price point.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    only comparison is body really. Both have mild harshness IMO. I think the CYB will age well, and I see why many like it. The bite upfront mellows well. The HE has an interesting floral flavor up front, but tastes infused to me. It's unique in regard to the DE typical profile, but IMO Willy did better work at EtdB.
    Thanks Dustin,,, Funny but I was thinkin the cyb may of been infused as well,, or at least enhanced, by some means.
    JHewey:
    The Kid:
    I have had both and in some ways it can be compared to each other. I like the CYB but will take the HE over it. While price doesn't bother me for most part when buying cigars (If it costs more than i want to pay i don't buy). I don't think the Herrera Esteli is priced too high. My B&M has them priced anywhere from $6-10 depending size.

But thats just my opinion. Everyones will vary
    Thanks for the input.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I see these only getting better with age. Might get a box and age them. One I smoked was def worth the 7-8'bucks i paid.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I see these only getting better with age. Might get a box and age them. One I smoked was def worth the 7-8'bucks i paid.
    Agreed! Very enjoyable. Picked up a few of the robusto, and lanceros at CFest this year from willie. Loved them both, but need to re-visit them again. Cant wait!
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me its still a bang for your buck thing. I picked up two El Centurion Robusto today for 5.50ea. So for $11 I got two great sticks that IMO, start to finish are a better cigar for almost the same price as one H.E. ($9.50-$11 at this one B&M). I still think its a JD "If you pay it, he will........ "well you all know the rest of the Field of Dreams line.....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Vision:
    bingo.... Elogio and Regius are 100x better and cheaper IMO. HE is still somewhat harsh IMO and should not be for the price point.
    But where to find Regius if you are stuck in the middle nowhere???
  • Say what you want about JD and DE cigars but I immensely enjoy DE cigars (Liga, Unico serie, Undercrown, HE, JdN, CyB). Having met JD in person, he is a class act and I have no problem paying what I pay for his cigars because he puts in work to make the best cigars possible. As far as the HE, I thinks a very good cigar, definitely a go to for me.
    Well??? Did these get any better with some rest/age????
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never let them age that long, but I really like these smokes. I have a hard time justifying the price though. I like them, but I can buy things I like much more for the price. Ro sent me the new Lancero vitola. I will let that rest until the weather breaks so I can enjoy it.
    The new Herrera Esteli Norteno might be a good candidate for aging in my opinion. Little hot for my taste, but I think it may settle nicely
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I should give one a try soon and see. Weather has been terrible lately.

"Long ashes my friends."

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Dan Thorpe:
    Say what you want about JD and DE cigars but I immensely enjoy DE cigars (Liga, Unico serie, Undercrown, HE, JdN, CyB). Having met JD in person, he is a class act and I have no problem paying what I pay for his cigars because he puts in work to make the best cigars possible. As far as the HE, I thinks a very good cigar, definitely a go to for me.
    Before or after he sold out to Swisher? ;) xoxoxoxoxoxo"In closing, I would like to respond to a question my mother had asked me yesterday. “Are you happy?” “The answer is yes, we are selling our company, but not selling out,” I responded. She told me that she loves me and is proud of us. That’s good enough for me.” - JD