Home Non Cigar Related

Any writers?

Is anyone else here into writing? Poetry? Prose? Here's something I wrote a few weeks ago. Smoke I will enjoy life/ to the nub./ Every subtle flavor/ and texture./ The flame and smoke/ that rise/ like incense to heaven/ and when it has burnt away/ I will lay it gently down/ to rest and smolder/ and the last few puffs/ will linger bolder./

Comments

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I used to write tech manuals. Nowadays all I write are checks.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I write mainly song lyrics and compose music... Recently I did a Bulgarian rap song hahaah... I got published back home with a short story. Used to be much into short stories - then transition more into movie scripts and plays... Haven't written anything significant for a while though :(
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Kamelyon:
    Is anyone else here into writing? Poetry? Prose? Here's something I wrote a few weeks ago. Smoke I will enjoy life
    to the nub.
    Every subtle flavor
    and texture.
    The flame and smoke
    that rise
    like incense to heaven
    and when it has burnt away
    I will lay it gently down
    to rest and smolder
    and the last few puffs
    will linger bolder./
    There ya go, now it's easy to read, and I don't write anything... Not even checks... The only thing I write are my employees schedules, and that sucks
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I try to write every day on here... If that counts.

But I'm a singer/song writer. So I actually do write anything small, to the way too detailed and elaborate ramblings of my mind. I like writing and singing quite a bit.

That's good stuff Kam.
  • KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    What kind of music do you all write/sing? Is it like Rock, Classical, Elevator music?
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Rock... Alternative.... Hip-Hop :)... I like strings and classical elements in music... I like progressive rock like Dream Theater too... Favorite bands that influence me - Whitensake, Dave Matthews Band, Tool and Perfect Circle, Queen...
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I was an English major in college and newspaper reporter for seven or eight years, so I did an assload of writing. Not doing much anymore though. I always figured I'd be a published author by this point in my career. But damn, life's so busy and I'm so lazy.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    .. you will add tired as helll to that list with the new baby you were just talking about.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Tool and Perfect Circle

Ahhh... the Maynard James Keenan, Indeed one of my many influences as well. I write i guess in the Rock and Alternative world.
    System of a Down is a pretty big influence for me as well. That Serj Tankian is a mind I would like to explore.
    The Foo Fighters, Dave Grohl.
    ... Dare I say it... TENACIOUS D!! Who can't enjoy some Rock like that?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I do a bit a creative writing here and there. I have a couple books of short stories and a novella. I should work on it more, because it's way more fun than my actual Job.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I've written a bit here and there. Couple poetry pieces were published in two separate works, so that was cool. Some short stories, some poetry.. Was working on a couple novels, but the hd crashed and I lost it all... EFFIN SUCKED lol...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨