Home General Discussion

Hello everyone, I just thought I would take a second to introduce myself as I am new to this forum. 

I am fairly new to this world.  I have enjoyed various cigars from time to time but I just got a humidor and cigars from my wife for Fathers Day and has since sparked my interest.  Pair that with the fact that I have a 3YO and 1YO, it is highly enjoyable to get them off to bed and sit on the deck to burn a new found cigar.

I am not highly experienced, but so far I enjoy a Medium/Full Bodied cigar.  My two favorites (and ones I gravitate to more) are the Camacho Triple Maduro and My Father.  I would gladly accept any/all suggestions for cigars that I might enjoy.

Thanks all and have a great day.

Matt

Comments

• prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the madness Matt.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Welcome to the forum.
  • welcome to the forum! if your looking for suggestions you cant go wrong with the man o war brand.
  • welcome, this is a great place. Glad to have you
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to here.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Family....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome home!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and hello!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forum Matt!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. This has been a great place so far IMO. Very friendly and very willing to help out with answers to questions, and never making u feel dumb for asking questions!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Welcome.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Matt. Buy a big cooler...you'll thank me later.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. It's hard, if not impossible, to recommend for anyone elses taste. Therefore, buy samplers from various brands to find out which ones suit you. When you find cigars that suit you, note what type of wrapper, filler, country of origin, and begin searching from there. Most of what you'll find at CCOM is going to be pretty good quality. If you branch out to other retailers, and I'm not saying you shouldn't, but you'll sometimes find them less discriminating as to quality.

I say most of what you find here is quality, but some makers are more strict about their quality control than others, and sometimes you find a cigar that's great, and the next one, identical from the same box isn't. We call those "Gurkha's". Beware.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Welcome. Yep, to figure out what you prefer, buy samplers that have cigars from different manufacturers in them. I gave up on cigars for 10 years because I bought a Victor Sinclair sampler. Just sayin'...
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Hope you feel at home.
    One God, One Truth
  • ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Welcome.. I'm new too... Really enjoyed and just ordered Oliva sampler.. My bro in law sent my husband and I a couple and really like them.. Try the G series..