Home General Discussion

I messed up.... I think.

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So I took about a 3 week break from cigars. I spent my time on my pipe and on my vape. I had one of my favorites (rocky Patel royal vintage) and it tasted horrible. :( I then tried a graycliff double espresso and it made my stomach turn. Is it possible to lose my taste for cigars so quickly? Recommendations on how to get back into them without ruining the experience?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow when you first wake up, smoke an Opus X. Try to smoke it in under 25 min. That should get you back in to it again.

jk. I can only assume that it was from the vaping.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    All of us go through a period where cigars lose their taste or allure...I went a couple of years and one day it hit me again...smoke cigars. If you don't get your taste back for them I'll graciously smoke what you have left.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    danielzreyes:
    Tomorrow when you first wake up, smoke an Opus X. Try to smoke it in under 25 min. That should get you back in to it again.

jk. I can only assume that it was from the vaping.
    The vaping might be right. I smoke a pipe and that would not do it. In fact after smoking a pipe for a while I think it helped me pick out more elements in cigars.

What Cigary said is also true. I have been smoking cigars for 20 years next month and there is an ebb and flow to it as far as desire to smoke.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I usually only vape in the evenings when my wife is working out. I use only e juices with no nicotine or thc or anything. Just flavored vapes. I haven't had any issues with my pipe smoking. I've actually found a blend i plan on buying up on when I get the funding.

I might give a few more sticks a try this weekend and if i can't get back on the kick I'm gonna let my humi age and send out a few bombs. It just struck me as odd that even a favorite stick would turn out horrible. Lol
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I have a couple of theories but that's all they are so... I think the taste buds need to get used to the flavors again so to speak after a long break like that. Also, the taste may be off based on mouth pH and food or drink that day. I don't know anything about vapeing but it sounds like that could make your taste buds get off also. If you enjoyed cigars and had good experiences before I don't see any reason why you won't again. Try something mild/medium first and go from there. One thing that doesn't fit is that your pipe smoking wasn't affected. Does vapeing give you similar flavors as pipe tobaccos?
    No. My vaping has been limited to fruity flavors. Mostly apple or strawberry. I have one now that is Irish cream, cinnamon and absynth. But I just started using I that yesterday. The pipe flavors and my tastes haven't changed at all. That's where I'm a little thrown off. Granted my pipes aren't as heavy in tastes as the cigars are. What's this mouth ph level thing? What makes major changes in levels of it?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think that the pipe would have a bad effect. I also vape and it has not been an issue although I don't really do the "Flavors" I tend to stick with either a tabacco or coffee/espresso. To me it seems that most of the cigars taste comes through the sinius cavitys, I know that certain kinds of dust have a very negitive effect on how my stogie taste, when I work with the spanish cedar it throws me off for 8-10 days. I would think different chemicals or pollen could do the same. Start over with something cheap and mild that you have liked in the past.
    Good Luck!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    if you had cinnamon vapor liquid, that could be it. it seems to burn your taste buds due to all the acid qualities it has.
    Well we will see what happens tomorrow night hopefully. might dig out a perdomo for this one though. lol
    Ok.... It was just an off day I guess. I've been saved by a La Perla Habana Grand Pearl.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news!!