Home Non Cigar Related

Making some changes....looking for some new "contacts"

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

Feels like I haven't been around much lately (at least not as much as I'd like to be) ....
But I hope everybody's been well.

Anywho, without going into too many (probably boring) details I'm working on making some positive changes in my life, and breaking the "monotonous" day-to-day to routine that I've gotten into this past year and a half. Just been in a funk, some $hits hit the fan lately, and I need to get back on focusing on me.

So as I'm working to "rediscover" myself and get back to the things that are most important......
I've realized one of the things I've really missed ---- well, I've always considered myself a "creative" type person ---- I've always loved shooting/editing/making videos, ever since high school.
Turned that into a paying gig for a few years, shooting live sporting events, and then I worked in a similar "creative" role throughout college and a couple years after .... but I haven't done any video work, heck haven't even touched my video camera, in a few years.

But I want to get back into it ----- so I know it's probably a long shot:
But if any of you guys have contacts in the "video production" world, I'd love the opportunity to get in touch with them.
I've been talking with friends and old contacts, trying to get some leads --- searching around craigslist, linkedin, etc. as well to see if I can get any "gigs."
Not sure I'm ready to completely "quit" my current job and switch to full-time video ... so I'm focusing on on finding a part-time, freelance, per/project deal.
If you all have any other ideas, I'd like to hear them as well!

Thanks everybody!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to you sir. I too am somewhat of a photog but I am satisfied with video of family and friends so I can not help with your problem though I wish I could.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Follow your bliss! Trust me on this one.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Where are you located? I can't seem to remember. I have a couple of really really long shots I might be able to reach out to.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Good luck to you sir. I too am somewhat of a photog but I am satisfied with video of family and friends so I can not help with your problem though I wish I could.
    Thanks Rodney.
    beatnic:
    Follow your bliss! Trust me on this one.
    I got caught up in too many other things...
    Been focusing on (and worrying too much) about other things in my life --- and trying to make others happy, but not myself.

Sage advice, Rick. That's what I'm beginning to realize.
    Ken Light:
    Where are you located? I can't seem to remember. I have a couple of really really long shots I might be able to reach out to.
    Columbus OH.
    Thanks, Ken.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *