Home General Discussion

Another Ccom order, another broken cigar

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Those who know me know I never *** about anything but now I am getting concerned. We all know that *** happens when getting something shipped. But This is the 2nd time in a row that ive had a cigar from Ccom damaged during shipping. I just ordered a $70+ sampler and noticed that the pardon 1964 was cracked and wrapper peeling. The packaging was careless because the cigars were placed on the bottom of the box and not wrapped in the bubble wrap. I'm not posting this to get freebies but rather to let Alex and the guys know that the top quality standards I've come to expect from a Ccom order are starting to slip IMO. Not from the sales side, but rather the shipping side. image

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Call them up and tell um. They might not see this for a while.
    One God, One Truth
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Whenever I have issues I just email Tim. He always takes good care of me and it helps give them a heads up on issues in packing and shipping. I emailed him about a cut cello just the other day. No issues with the cigar, I wasnt looking for anything, I just wanted to let him know so he was aware.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Damn, I've never had that happen. I know that you know that c.com will make it right, but I agree that they'd definitely want to know that something ain't right in the warehouse and/or with the guys packing up the boxes.

Also, might want to get some Neosporin on that thumb....no one wants to lose their smoking thumb ;-)
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Whenever I have issues I just email Tim. He always takes good care of me and it helps give them a heads up on issues in packing and shipping. I emailed him about a cut cello just the other day. No issues with the cigar, I wasnt looking for anything, I just wanted to let him know so he was aware.
    +1 on this. I sent pics with my email to Tim and he replaced them with my next order even thought the cigars could still be smoked. No questions, no hassles, just great service.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I ordered the a Padron 64 from somewhere else that arrived with basically the same damage. Since it was just a little foot damage I didn't care, but I did email them to let them know since it was caused by not enough packing material. They replied simply asking if it was still smokable. I replied yes and never heard anything else. That was a good reminder to always order from ccom.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a disappointment... I've actually asked for replacements and had the same damage on the replacement too! I ended up letting it slide... I was just tired of reporting damage/asking for a replacement. Ccom is always good for replacing them quickly though.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Padrons are famous for busted feet. They use a very thin wrapper and don't normally put them in cello. Such is life.
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Krieg, if you don't mind just email me at service @ cigar.com and i'll take care of this for you.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Padrons are famous for busted feet. They use a very thin wrapper and don't normally put them in cello. Such is life.
    Other padron was fine...but like u said...such is life.

"Long ashes my friends."

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Was that the $70 sampler with 2 each of Padron 64, Cohiba XV and Hemingway shorties? I am SOOOOO thinking of getting that one....
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    timb:
    Krieg, if you don't mind just email me at service @ cigar.com and i'll take care of this for you.
    This is why The Beard is legend!!!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have boxes of padrons (from the annis to the FR's) and some have some wrapper issues. Though usually only the anni's and it's always near the foot. I do see if you are getting singles how they can have issues though as they are thin, which was already stated. I'm sure Tim will take care of ya.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Was that the $70 sampler with 2 each of Padron 64, Cohiba XV and Hemingway shorties? I am SOOOOO thinking of getting that one....
    Sure was

"Long ashes my friends."