Home General Discussion

Just another USPS rant ...

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
USPS has now lost 3 of my packages in the last 2 months or so (maybe 4). All of them containing stogie stands and a few were custom made ones. It costs me $2.07 to ship these things out in singles first class. Now I could have added another $.90+ for tracking but really though, is that really necessary? Pay $3.00 just for the computer to tell me where it's at, at first then say it was shipped when in reality it was lost. What the hell do I do now? I mean, It's now a gamble to have things shipped using USPS. My money, hard work and time wasted and on top of that it's you fellow BOTLs that are affected. BS
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this! USPS has given me some hair pulling moments but not as much as you I see. Sometimes I wish I could just drive and deliver it myself.
    Money can't buy taste
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I don't understand how good and BAD the system works!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Sometimes I don't understand how good and BAD the system works!
    lol remember when your package to me took a week vacation in Hawaii?
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    My boss has that kind of luck with UPS, they sent a family heirloom over seas and back TWICE when it was only being shipped 300 miles.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    My packages keep coming to my state, leaving my state, then coming back. And on time about 1/2 the time.... weird.
    Because I'm a gambling man ...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I talked to the post office dude about the tracking once. Come to find out it don't mean squat. If it gets lost it gets lost,tracking wont find it for you unless someone has to sign for it.
    So, tracking takes the not knowing you're screwed to the level that you know you're screwed.... Awesome
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    yeah had a pakage recently that got sent to me at an old address and USPS didnt realize I had a new address, so they basically sent it to a warehouse for a "timeout" until they could find that I indeed had a new address and they could then send the package back out. I will mention in my case all it said was package undeliverable as addressed, it had tracking but it didnt matter. Once it gets sent to the warehouse for the prescribed "timeout" it does not indicate on the tracking that is indeed where it is. you just have to keep checking.

I will mention as big as California is, and the package being sent from So. Cal to Nor Cal, you would think there would be a warehouse nearby in Nor Cal. Well you thought wrong the one warehouse in Cali is in So. Cal. So I cant imagine where the warehouses are around the US and their size. For some smaller states I would think there may be one warehouse for several states.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    If USPS were a private company, it would have went out of business long ago. Any other company could not operate that horribly (and at a loss) for this long and stay in business...typical Government.

"Long ashes my friends."

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have had issues with first class. I usually just to priority haven't had any issues. Recently I had a cluster of a time with usps and ups though it was my fault as I had the wrong address on some items from amazon. usps was easy to deal with though one of the people on the national line was a bit of a be-och, but the local offices were really nice. UPS on the other hand, screw them. At least for some items you can sign up to their myups to have packaged redirected before 1st attempt but if the sender doesn't allow it you are boned as in my case. And there is nothing to dictate that they did this, I only found out because after 3 people on the phone, someone told me and I found out by looking online that this can be done. So anyway, sure nothing is perfect but usps is by far better.
  • This talk of lost packages is making me nervous. I have two ccom orders that shipped on the same day and one got here on Wed and the other one the tracking says Shipment Accepted on the 26th and nothing after that......
  • I don't ever have my packages lost but the woman who delivers my cigar packages LOVES to squash them down so she can CRAM them into my mailbox because heaven forbid she get out of her little truck and walk 10 steps to the door. If I get a package that won't fit into the mailbox no matter how hard she squashes it it just doesn't get delivered, she puts one of those cards in my mailbox that says I wasn't home and she couldn't deliver it.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Paintball1084:
    This talk of lost packages is making me nervous. I have two ccom orders that shipped on the same day and one got here on Wed and the other one the tracking says Shipment Accepted on the 26th and nothing after that......
    I think they are only really talking about personal packages sent. If you paid for something from here and it didn't make it and USPS doesn't say delivered then CCom will take care of you.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Stupid usps! Can you really afford holidays off losing 25 million a day? I want my package!!
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Stupid usps! Can you really afford holidays off losing 25 million a day? I want my package!!
    Too funny!!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Too funny!!
    Me to dang it !
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta say that USPS is way better than UPS. Packages arrive much faster and in netter condition (not all crushed). I only had two issues with USPS, one was a package (trade) sent to JJ in TX that ended up in Puerto Ricco for some reason. USPS was notified and they corrected it immediately and JJ got his smokes the next day (overnighted). The second was a trade with Pakka (member on sister site) that was inbound with no unit number. It went back to the PO as undeliverable but luckily my mail lady knows who I am and intercepted the package and got it to me (great service IMO). They did put another trade into the wrong units box once but my neighbor brought it to me two days later. Not every service is perfect but I have to say I prefer my stuffed shipped USPS. Even from cigar.com/CI it takes 2 days vs. 7 days, it dose not take till late at night to receive, and the packages aren't crushed. ot saying UPS dose a bad job per say, just a lot slower and packages worse for ware but they always get it here as well. Enjoy your Labor day fellas and may your glasses remain full and cigars stay lit!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    If USPS were a private company, it would have went out of business long ago. Any other company could not operate that horribly (and at a loss) for this long and stay in business...typical Government.
    Interesting take, since UPS takes longer and has a much worse record at losing, destroying, or leaving my packages out it the rain when 3 covered areas are easier to place them in at my house.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Except that they're not, are they? The reality is that Congress has burdened them with the task of having a cash reserve that will pay the retirement for employees that aren't even born yet. Wonder what Congress would do that for? Nice big fluffy slush fund, since they've already squandered Social Security on war-mongering and international adventurism.

Until this unrealistic burden was placed on them, the Post Office cost the taxpayer exactly zero dollars since 1971. Newt Gingrich et al., in their passion to return us to the economics of Jay Gould and the Robber Barons have created another magic show, and the neo-conservatives can't understand the concept of "illusion".
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Yep, the post office would be making money if it were not for the prefunding of 70 years of future retirees benefits that congress imposed. All companies fund thier retirees as they go, they dont prefund 70 years ahead. What company could make money with these restrictions? They actual had a surplus in the retirees fund before this mandate of 35 billion wich congress found and took. Thats the 3rd time congress has robbed them of surplus money in the retirees fund. Which turns out to be 70 billion that went into the general fund that taxpayers dont have to pay for. Usps actual delivers 35% of ups packages, and 53% of fedex.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    So, I live in RI right now and USPS has always been pretty good to me. But recently they took an extra 5 days to get a 2-day shipping item to me. And now this...

I guess I can understand the first place it went to from it's origin... but WHY THE F IS MY PACKAGE IN DENVER COLORADO NOW???? WHAT IS THIS???
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daniel, I received this today!! I am happy, yet a little disappointed to say the least. Here is a pic of the envelope that was placed inside another envelope with a message from the postmaster on the back saying "SORRY" image

Looks like it was ran over or got caught in a door or conveyor. image I hate to see such a handsome stand go through so much abuse! I guess it got damaged then had to be sent elsewhere to be re packaged and resent. It now has a nice San Lotano maduro resting on top!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Gray4lines:
    Daniel, I received this today!! I am happy, yet a little disappointed to say the least. Here is a pic of the envelope that was placed inside another envelope with a message from the postmaster on the back saying "SORRY" image

Looks like it was ran over or got caught in a door or conveyor. image I hate to see such a handsome stand go through so much abuse! I guess it got damaged then had to be sent elsewhere to be re packaged and resent. It now has a nice San Lotano maduro resting on top!
    That's defacing art as we know it! That really sucks!!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Gray4lines:

That's defacing art as we know it! That really sucks!!
    A sad day for Stogie Stand lovers everywhere. He should have sent you money to replace the cigar, postage to mail the band to Daniel, and about $11 bucks for the labor and supplies of the great creator. Instead you get a "SORRY". Yeah, I bet you are. When someone under my managment f's something up, the company pays for it. Where is the accountability USPS?
    This package was a reason that I started this thread. I'm sorry to hear this Gray. Not only should you have received this weeks ago, but now it gets to you like this? What a shame. I promise I'll make it to you bro. This really pisses me off.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    This package was a reason that I started this thread. I'm sorry to hear this Gray. Not only should you have received this weeks ago, but now it gets to you like this? What a shame. I promise I'll make it to you bro. This really pisses me off.
    Daniel, absolutely no action needed on your part. *** happens I suppose. But I absolutely love the stand. It is a warrior and will proudly support many smoldering stogies
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America