Home General Discussion

Knowledge on Humidors

How often do most of you have to fill up your humidifiers in your humidor. I have a 75 Ct. Humidor, and I also bought 50/50 solution. Any knowledge on this would be great. I have Gurkhas, 5 vegas, and Olivas that i dont want to go bad. Thank you!!

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to follow the hygrometer (electronic is easier). 70rh and 70 degrees is standard. Refill your humidifer when your humidity drops below the desired level.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I would say "The search feature" is your best friend when it comes to subject matters like this. One thing I do know...a 75 count humidor is not going to be nearly big enough for this hobby so you might want to think much bigger and use your 75 count humidor as your desktop while you get something much bigger ( might I suggest a great big Tupperador ) as that can be your main humidor. 50/50 solutions are fine and there are other methods by which to keep your cigars at their optimum RH...there are beads, gels and Kitty Litter...yes, kitty litter but that is something you probably need to read about first before you make that something feasible. Your tastes in cigars will change so it's a good idea not to buy cigars by the box until you know your tastes...they will change over time and even months. Try not to exhaust yourself by trying to know everything about cigars..take your time and just bounce questions as to what info you're looking for. Another absolute about cigars...it's about what YOU like..not what others tell you to like. Make it a habit to investigate what it is you will be smoking...research research research.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Figuring you have seasoned it right I would buy some boveda packs throw a few in and shut the lid...nothing else needed. Just check the packs every week or so and you'll be ok
    Money can't buy taste
  • Leo24Leo24 Posts: 2
    Yea i made the poor decision to trust the analog hygrometer. i just bought a digital, calibrated it, put it in my humidor and the RH read 62% on the digi, and 72% on the analog. Needless to say, I should have gone digital when i first got my Humidor.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Give someone your address, that'll keep it full. OH you said humidifier...yeah, this is all good advice then.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Ken Light:
    Give someone your address, that'll keep it full. OH you said humidifier...yeah, this is all good advice then.
    +1
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leo24:
    Yea i made the poor decision to trust the analog hygrometer. i just bought a digital, calibrated it, put it in my humidor and the RH read 62% on the digi, and 72% on the analog. Needless to say, I should have gone digital when i first got my Humidor.

Actually, 62% is my preferred RH for the humi I keep my smokers in. If I'm aging them, I try to keep my aging humi at 70%. In my area, with its ambient humidity, my smokers perform much better at 62%.