Home Non Cigar Related

Buying Glasses?

My eyes have been bothering me lately so today i went to the optometrist to get my eyes checked out and lo and behold i need glasses, when I looked at the frames that they had they were either grandpa frames or hipster looking things, neither of which i could get much use out of. (for work i have to have rather plain glasses, brown/silver/black and not be bulky) I stopped by the vision center at walmart and they were either like at the doctors office or really expensive so i ended up ordering a cheap pair from Zenni Optical's website, but im hesitant to see what kinda quality it is going to be. Where do you get your glasses from? Any Recommendations?

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I got mine from the eye doctor. They have non-slip ear pieces, got them like 3yrs ago and still hold in place. They are Cruz brand. Walmart is generally more expensive than the dr.
    Dont know if that helps or not.
    One God, One Truth
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear me glasses about 30% of the time. Knowing I wear them often, I kinda go all out when I get a new pair. My current pair are Ray Ban. I got them because the case make an excellent travel case for smokes.
    photo C98B2711-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I never thought of that bro, great idea.
    One God, One Truth
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Mr stand man that is an awesome idea! the dr has another office that he works at in the afternoons so im going to go there next week, he said that he has a better selection there.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I have to wear mine full time or I can't see anything clearly beyond about 6 feet so I tend to find the pair I like and fits well and spend what's needed. My current frames are Prada (didn't know that until just now), but I had some raybans I really liked last time. Got them from the eye doctor's office. Always take a chick with me, either the one I'm dating or one of my friends.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    I have to wear mine full time or I can't see anything clearly beyond about 6 feet so I tend to find the pair I like and fits well and spend what's needed. My current frames are Prada (didn't know that until just now), but I had some raybans I really liked last time. Got them from the eye doctor's office. Always take a chick with me, either the one I'm dating or one of my friends.
    My last pair were Prada. I still like to wear them when I feel like being fancy schmancy.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Costco fr the win. I'm an old rusty gun so I don't out a ton if money into it. The doctor is spot on and caught something the health care doctor didn't. Plus try take my insurance and are located anywhere I want to be. Next year is eye surgery or motircycle. Looks like glasses again next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    danielzreyes:
    I wear me glasses about 30% of the time. Knowing I wear them often, I kinda go all out when I get a new pair. My current pair are Ray Ban. I got them because the case make an excellent travel case for smokes.
    photo C98B2711-orig.jpg
    you wear your sunglasses at night, don't you brohammer?
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    crank those speakers up!