Home General Discussion

HELP

I bought a humidity crystal jar for a humidor that I took with me for the weekend. During the car trip the humidor turned over and all of the crystals got all over all of the cigars in the humidor. Did the just get ruined? Are they safe to smoke when the dry from the crystals???

Comments

• i would think the should be okay as long as the cigars didnt get damaged
  • Some have spots from where the crystals touched them. Some had cello so I'm not worried. 2 took the brunt of the damage. But i had some very expensive cigars in the box and I was afraid I destroyed them.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    The ones in the cellos that didn't get much on them should be ok. Sort of the same thing happened to me a few years back. Accidentally spilled some distilled water directly onto some cigars. Didn't seem to effect them too much. But I don't know about these crystals. The ones not in cellos may be unsmokeable...rather you might not feel very good afterwards.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'd worry most about mold from the extra moisture, especially if it's humid in your part of the world. Keep these separate from the rest of your cigars maybe, if this isn't your entire stash.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.