Home General Discussion

late night quick question

If a anyone is still awake and can answer that would be great. I have a wedding I am in 9/7/2013. I have been asked to pick up some cigars.

Anyways I have trolled the sight without posting for a while just reading and getting knowledge.

I have really enjoyed the 4-5 cigars that I have had over the last year. All been Romeo and Julietta of some sort.

Anyways I need these next Thursday and Sean has said that theyhave a second dday shipping options.

I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on the gurka symphony grand Rothschild. As I know we are all pretty novice cigar smokers. But everyone has expressed some interest in sitting down at the wedding and having a smoke together.

I don't want to pay 10 a stick at the local cigar shop. I see them on the website much more reasonable.

Any help or suggestions or insight would be great.

I look forward to talking with many more of you in the future.

Thanks
Chris. Aka CR

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Go with what you know. RyJ can be found on the cheap, two 5ers could be had for well under 10 per stick and you already know you like them.

Also, welcome to the forum.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to the forum... I would suggest go with what you know and like as well.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Friends don't let friends buy Gurkha. Since you're on here late at night, I consider you a friend, so don't do it. I agree that you should stick with what you know. Another good option would be the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway, probably either the Best Seller or Classic. A third, less expensive but damn tasty option is the 5 Vegas Classic, probably in the torpedo size.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    +1 on the 5 Vegas Classic
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Everybody likes the 5v classic! That's why it's a classic!! And welcome to the forum
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The Symphony is an outstanding cigar, in my opinion one of the best Connecticut-wrapped cigars on the market. I'd choose it over over any (non-Cuban) Romeo and Juliet I've ever had.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would not put the enjoyment of a wedding smoke in the hands of Gurkha. the brand is inconsistent enough that at least one of the people will have construction issues that will ruin the cigar for him. is that how you want the wedding cigar to be remembered? a giant disaster?

if you know you like the RyJs, then get them. this moment of celebration is no time to be left up to chance.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Agreed, and welcome to the party.
    One God, One Truth
  • mcpetes16mcpetes16 Posts: 14
    Gentleman thank you for the replies. Keep them coming if you got any other suggestions. Look forward to speaking with everyone more in the future
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    No 5 Vegas either....decent stick, fine-----but its a wedding and "internet cigars" are not the choice. Get the new ROMEO by RyJ.......if that's too heavy for people, a nice Cuesta Rey natural is a good consistent stick.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    If you are looking for a cigar that has a nice aroma and lets even a novice enjoy a cigar there are a few that come to mind. R&J En Cedros or a Monty Pascoal Corona. This is a cigar that I usually will let a beginner try out because it's easy on the taste buds and the aroma is very good. Cigars by nature in a crowd of people usually gets them annoyed at you...but the aroma of these are a crowd pleaser because it isn't a harsh smell at all...it has wood and cream which is something that has made people come up to me and ask what it is. You can buy a box of these for about $117 which has 25....that's less than $5 per stick.
  • Drew Estate Blue Ribbons are good. Around 3 dollars a stick. Comes in a few sizes. Honestly one of the best sub 5 dollar cigars on the market IMHO.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente is usually a good choice. People know them as a quality brand with good price points.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Arturo Fuente is usually a good choice. People know them as a quality brand with good price points.
    +1
    Chateau Fuente Maduro....nice presentation, good price, consistent
    buy a box, everyone gets to have two, the groom takes the rest home
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your looking for a good cheap cigar the Fonseca Arana is a very good smoke. Since I've discovered them they have become a favorite go to smoke. I go thru 2 or 3 of them a week.