Home Non Cigar Related

Billiards

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Anybody else like to play pool? We had a table in our basement growing up, but it was too big for the room so dad sold it. Now i wish i had it back.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking at getting a table-would like to get an Olhausen, but no dealers near where I live. Is the Bruswick brand decent? Any other brands we should consider? We are not experts by ant stretch, just family room fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Actually used to work in a pool hall when I was 18. Had a lot of fun hustling people. It's a simple game but lots of fun. My eyes just aren't the same but I love playing.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    I'm looking at getting a table-would like to get an Olhausen, but no dealers near where I live. Is the Bruswick brand decent? Any other brands we should consider? We are not experts by ant stretch, just family room fun.
    that was what we had. I like playing on a slate top, because it seems more level to me. Very heavy though if you want to move it.
    One God, One Truth
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Brunswick is a good brand. I agree about the slate top. Other tops work just as well but the slate will maintain a level surface significantly longer than any other. Unless the table frame is twisted or not level. The. The surface isn't gonna play as well
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Grandfather was really good friends with Efren Reyes.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    love pool. actually just bought a table off of my aunt who needed the money. it was a custom table built locally. all oak and she spared no expense on it. not sure what exactly what all she added to it, I know it's all oak, claw feet and some very expensive felt and other little things. My wife and I went looking over at the place my aunt had it built a while back. We talked to the woman there about getting a pool table built but wanted to be able to use it as a dining room table. since everything is made at the local shop we were sold on getting one, though it was going to be expensive. But for 1500g's my aunt's table will work wonders. all we have to do is have a table top made for it and we are set. looking forward to getting it installed and set up.