Home Non Cigar Related

Talk about trades, passes, and bombs

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
I wonder if the Trent Richardson trade will set up more of Andrew Luck's passes to be downfield bombs?

Colts fan who thinks this is a good move. I hope we find some way to shore up the O line a little more, but I think this adds a component that will help Luck.

And, I think it could help out Cleveland, too. Well, maybe not, it is a pro sports franchise in Cleveland, after all.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Great move for the Colts. Typically idiotic move by the Browns. Everything I've said for the past year about a Brown's superbowl in the next 3 years is now off the table.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. Richardson is a good addition to have with Luck, but do you really want to build around a RB? That's almost what you'd have to be doing in Cleveland had you kept him.

You can question the trade in relation to what it took for Cleveland to get Richardson in the first place, but there is new management there, so I don't. I don't think you're trying to "go to hell for Manziel" this season, but you're in a great position to have the #1 pick on your own plus wherever the Colts wind up in draft order-which I'd rate at even money if they make the playoffs, or maybe not.

Even if you don't get the #1, you could easily get there by trading the picks you do have. There are some good QB prospects coming out (I wouldn't want Johnny Football, but there are others) who you could build around, and probably add some O-line, too, or a receiver.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Not just Richardson, though, Weedon's got potential too IMO. But I think to make a really strong team around them they needed each other. I Just feel like Richardson/Weedon was enough structure to rebuild around without needing more top-tier picks, and they're kinda destroying the team to start over before they even got the foundation set. But, who knows, maybe they know something about Richardson, maybe they dumped him wisely. I doubt it though. The Browns are just that bad an organization.
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    This thread makes me cringe... To be honest living in Cleveland my whole life this is just typical. I don't think Weeden had that much potential or ability, even if he did we don't have the recievers around him. Basically it just means that we have to wait and see how it pans out. Seems like d
    insomnniapb:
    This thread makes me cringe... To be honest living in Cleveland my whole life this is just typical. I don't think Weeden had that much potential or ability, even if he did we don't have the recievers around him. Basically it just means that we have to wait and see how it pans out. Seems like d

Well who would have thunk it. Trade away are supposed best player, get our first win! I'll take it.
    insomnniapb:
    Well who would have thunk it. Trade away are supposed best player, get our first win! I'll take it.
    I know, it was pretty impressive the way the 3rd string stepped up.
    Ken Light:
    insomnniapb:
    I know, it was pretty impressive the way the 3rd string stepped up.
    Haha tell me about it. Give a little hope... All in all though if I had to be honest they tried pretty hard to give the game back in the second half. Our O line is sad on the right side!!! I'm assuming by next week every team in the NFL will just run in your face blitz on Hoyer based on the film. Also assuming he remains the starter, which imo he should based on the final result.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I don't know. Richardson is a good addition to have with Luck, but do you really want to build around a RB? That's almost what you'd have to be doing in Cleveland had you kept him.

You can question the trade in relation to what it took for Cleveland to get Richardson in the first place, but there is new management there, so I don't. I don't think you're trying to "go to hell for Manziel" this season, but you're in a great position to have the #1 pick on your own plus wherever the Colts wind up in draft order-which I'd rate at even money if they make the playoffs, or maybe not.

Even if you don't get the #1, you could easily get there by trading the picks you do have. There are some good QB prospects coming out (I wouldn't want Johnny Football, but there are others) who you could build around, and probably add some O-line, too, or a receiver.
    Ha! Browns screwed up. Not by trading Richardson, but by winning that game this weekend. No way they're sucking more for Bridgewater than the Jaguars now. 0-16 this time baby! They screwed up by not sucking enough for Luck. Not missing this opportunity.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone read recent Espn interview with Holgrem where he said he literally offered the entire draft class to Indy for the number one pick so he could take Andrew Luck. They obviously declined.
    clearlysuspect:
    Did anyone read recent Espn interview with Holgrem where he said he literally offered the entire draft class to Indy for the number one pick so he could take Andrew Luck. They obviously declined.
    Saw that. Friggin hilarious. Holmgren has been nothing but a tool since his "genius" was revealed to be nothing but the luck of the Favre.